News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long Time Lurker - Barn Finds

Started by Dieselholic, February 06, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselholic

I have been lurking this forum for a long time and I finally decided to join so I can comment on projects. My dream car has always been a 69 Charger. I've been working on buying at least one of these Chargers from a friend for a bout 2 years or more. The funny thing is, they are die hard Ford guys but they never get rid of anything. The 69 is pretty rusty but I'm not afraid of it. It is a 383 2 barrel car with an auto on the column, bucket seats, and a black vinyl top. The 68 is just a 318 auto car, but it has a real deal Daytona wing mounted on the back. I hope I can post an update picture someday of both of these in my shop! Unfortunately this is the only picture I have left after my phone took a swim in the lake. The car next to the 68 is a 64 Ford Thunderbird with a 390, and the motor in front of the 68 is a real 429 Cobra Jet. They have quite the stash.

alfaitalia

What a waste of two good cars. Makes me angry that people do that....do these folks not realise that these cars were built to be driven. They are clearly NEVER going to restore them....so why not just cash them out and put the cash into their Fords....which, without the cash injection from the sale of the Chargers, doubtless will also sit there and rot!! LOL.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dieselholic

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 06, 2018, 11:15:56 AM
What a waste of two good cars. Makes me angry that people do that....do these folks not realise that these cars were built to be driven. They are clearly NEVER going to restore them....so why not just cash them out and put the cash into their Fords....which, without the cash injection from the sale of the Chargers, doubtless will also sit there and rot!! LOL.

I know, me too. They just kind of chuckle when I tell them they should sell those to me since they say Dodge is junk anyway. The 69 definitely doesn't need to sit there any longer the way it is looking now. They also have a 1967 Coronet convertible with a 383 in another old barn. But like I said, they hold onto everything.

6pkrtse

Try to get them all as a package deal. Or, if you can't afford them all. Get some buddies to go in on it together with you. Sell what you don''t want. At least they will go to better homes that way.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Dieselholic

Quote from: 6pkrtse on February 06, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
Try to get them all as a package deal. Or, if you can't afford them all. Get some buddies to go in on it together with you. Sell what you don''t want. At least they will go to better homes that way.

I'm trying for both, and then I might know someone that will take the 68 right away, or I might just keep it. They have an interest in a completely restored ford product that I own, so I'm trying to work out some kind of trade deal.

nvrbdn

Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Challenger340

gotta love photobucket, all I see is a square speedometer ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

JB400

Funny, it worked this morning.  Seen it on my phone.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dieselholic

First time I've had to use photobucket on a forum and I hate it already. If I click on the picture I can still see it. Can you guys?

JB400

Nope, because ain't got an account.

birdsandbees

Just load directly, but you have to downsize pics to 850 x .... or so and less than 400 KB. I use Paint for that.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Alaskan_TA

Photobucket has become pay-to-play.

If you post from a PC, just save the photo to Desktop or another file & insert it here, no need for PB or paying them.

This is how the PB image appears here;

Dieselholic

I will have to figure that out when I get back from Arizona. You guys just have to scale down the picture and then attach it?

smithenhiven

Can't see the picture either, but if the one has a real Daytona wing as you say, that alone is reason enough to buy them, that wing is worth a small fortune by itself.

F8-4life

^exactly my thoughts..
The Daytona wing is the most interesting part of these cars.

Dieselholic

I'll try this again.
If you look hard, you can barely make out the wing on the back of the 68.

70 sublime

Is the 68 that dusty or was it painted blue on the bottom and white on top ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dieselholic

It is all in some kind of white primer or cheap white paint. For some reason the shadow came out blue.

Bad B-rad

I wish you good luck on possibly getting/saving one or both of these cars!!
If you manage to put a deal together, maybe grab the wing from the 68, and restore the 69 as a DayclonA!!!

Sounds like you have the passion to do something with these cars, more then just let them rot.
Has to be 100 people or more on this site alone who would snatch the 68 up right away, so maybe you can put a deal together on both and get two Chargers on there way back from the dead!!!!!
Again wish you best of luck making it happen!!!

CDN72SE

At least they are inside, good luck in your pursuit of these two.
1972 Charger SE

68pplcharger

Good luck hopefully you can get one or both before its to late. Even though they are inside the moisture from morning dew sets into the dirt and causes them to rot.

Simonic

Nice find!! Hope you manage to get them both ! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Mopar owner in the UK..

tan top

Hello & Welcome  DH :wave: :2thumbs: :cheers:  good luck  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html