News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by taxspeaker, December 17, 2020, 07:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

I have been a member of this board for a bit over 10 years now. The amount of information, willingness to help and general good humor makes it a pleasure to read and occasionally participate, and the stories and pictures of cars, families and timelines makes for interesting reading too. Thanks to everyone for participating, thanks to the buddies we have met through this group and have a great Christmas.

Bob J

XH29N0G

:2thumbs:

And from one of those other members on the board who has enjoyed your post, thank you.

PS.  I believe the proper etiquette on my part as a responder might be to write 'your welcome', but as much as I would like to claim that role, I think it is for everyone (which goes unsaid) or Troy and the mods.

:cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

birdsandbees

Merry Christmas to You, Jean and the family Bob! Always a pleasure reading your adventures and even meeting the legend in person! Hopefully we can do that again some day!  :cheers: :cheers:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

JB400

Thank you for sharing your cars and road trips with us. :cheers:

tan top

Quote from: JB400 on December 17, 2020, 10:47:52 AM
Thank you for sharing your cars and road trips with us. :cheers:

what JB400 Said !  :iagree:

thanks Bob for sharing your awesome mopar collection with  pictures ,  information , stories & road trip  adventures  with  us !  :bow:   :cheers:

And  thanks to Troy for this awesome website , with out Troy ! &  all the moderators this site would not happen  :cheers:   ! also to all the members for contributing their love for mopars & chargers etc  ! that makes this site what it is !   :cheers:  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

426HemiChick

Hi Bob,                     17 December 2020

For us, we owe you a Thank You for adopting our Hemi Daytona and giving her a great Parent, Home and Family. Yes, we miss her, and Yes we are Happy You Have Her; we know you will take very good care of her.

She now has more company than she has had during the 48 years we had her.

We appreciate your Friendship and Honesty. Hopefully, we will have everything transferred from Southlake (Fort Worth) Texas to Phoenix by the time you take your trip in January.

We were hoping I could be home for Christmas but that's looking very iffy at the moment. Don't tell Dena but I just might sneak a quick trip home for a few days if'n I can board the three pups in the Luxury Doggy Resort up the road a piece. It's so nice I wouldn't mind staying there myself, if they'd allow me to sleep with our pups and not make me use their imitation Fire-Plug.

Wishing you, your family, Matt, friends, loved ones, members and visitors of this site, a Very Blessed, Happy, Healthy, Safe Christmas and New Year. God Bless You All.

I, Christine, want to take this opportunity to Thank All of You members here for putting up with me since I became a member a year and a half ago. It had it's bumps in the early days and I have to admit, they were my fault. Be assured, Dena got on my case numerous times. It seems to be working and I owe Her a Great Big Thank You. I Love You Dena Dear.

We hope one of these days, in the not too distant future, we get to meet many of you in person.

Last but not least, a special Thank You to a member here who has been an adventure for us: ACUDANUT. We really do like you, want you as a friend and hope to meet you in person. As for the Hemi Cuda, if we still had it we'd give it to you.

Take Care Everyone, Thanks Again.

Best Always,

Dena and Christine, the 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

hemi68charger

Kudos to you too Bob.. Been nice getting to know you and to develop an uncontrollable jealousy of you..  :icon_smile_big:

Appreciate your willingness to share information about this and that of our Mopars......

Looking forward in hooking up again in the future......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Has it really been 10 years already? Having chatted with you for a long time on here, but the stopping in to visit the other week was the best.

thanks for putting up with my countless pictures I took. Ok so it wasn't countless but you know you thought I was weird.

held1823

hey adoptive dad bob, i will be passing by tomorrow morning (1030 - 11 or so) and have something to give you

it would be a hit and run stop, but call or text me if someone is around to take a package hand off

if not, i will leave it at the garage and let you know where i hid it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Hi Bob,                      19 December 2020

Just a note to let you know we posted the Rad Hose photos on your Daytona's thread. Take care.

Best Always,

Dena and Christine 
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

WINGIN IT

Happy Holidays to you and yours Bob.
And wishing you a healthy and Happy New Year !

Hope to visit one day to see the ever growing winged thing collection  ;D

wingcarenvy

I totally agree with this sentiment. I have had nothing but wonderful interactions with the folks here and it has an unwritten etiquette that other forums lack. I have learned so much from the posts here about the cars I truly love. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all here.

Birdflu

Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 21, 2020, 11:29:35 AM
I totally agree with this sentiment. I have had nothing but wonderful interactions with the folks here and it has an unwritten etiquette that other forums lack. I have learned so much from the posts here about the cars I truly love. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all here.

:iagree:

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Birdflu on December 21, 2020, 12:40:49 PM

X2!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

held1823

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 21, 2020, 01:55:55 PM
Quote from: Birdflu on December 21, 2020, 12:40:49 PM

X2!

man, i don't know.  i ran across X1 and X2 at a seedy hotel in alabama a year ago....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Birdflu

Awe...c'mon Ernie! I'll agree it was dark and late, but seedy???  :nono:

Dave Kanofsky

I'll call it "speedy".  It was certainly a great event  :drive:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

held1823

Quote from: Birdflu on December 21, 2020, 10:21:10 PM
Awe...c'mon Ernie! I'll agree it was dark and late, but seedy???  :nono:

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 22, 2020, 08:04:02 AM
I'll call it "speedy".  It was certainly a great event  :drive:

agreed, fellas. i only wish i'd had more time to carry on the conversation that evening.
hopefully we all get to repeat it in a few years.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar John

Bob,
You are welcome!
Right off the bat you were a welcome addition to the AERO forum with your road trips.
Not many of us are that daring these days!
I also appreciate your willingness to take pictures and respond
when we are working on those original detail items!
You are a great asset to this forum in my opinion.
Have a GREAT holiday!
MJ