News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Richard Petty Charger Pics... Other 3rd Gen NASCAR Chargers Too.

Started by TruckDriver, November 06, 2005, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I thought so too, but when I found these pics, they had a pic of the K & K #71 Charger model when Buddy drove it. So that threw me.   :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

6pkrunner

1970440RT

Part of their deal with Chrysler was to destroy any old or unused obsolete parts.  I guess it was kind of convenient they happened to have a ravine and a bulldozer.  That is going to be some sweet archaeological site someday!

69_500

I know what your saying about building a storage faciltiy and keeping the cars in there for the next 30 years. I wasn't meaning Petty Enterprises to do that. I was meaning maybe some individuals. I know that Petty Enterpirse like many others sold off bodies, and engines after they had used them to local racers, and people who raced in other circuits. After those people raced them, many were sold to individuals who raced, some who just wanted some parts. Same thing goes on today. Look at how you can buy a race engine from Petty Enterprises.

Ghoste

I thought Dick Brooks drove #32?  Buddy Baker did drive a #11 car when he drove for Petty Enterprises.  Brooks also rode #22 for a short spell I believe.

69_500

I believe t hat there was a lot of car swapping back in the day in NASCAR. Many of the teams owned the Numbers and then they would sign a short contract with a driver. So say one drove for the first 8 races of the season with their team then they were free to run the last 40 races with another team.

greatwn73

Not all of the petty cars were crushed, you just have to know where to find them. The 67 plymouth lives in his museum in  North Carolina along with a few other famous cars.

first petty enterprises

greatwn73

I'll try to do this oldest to newest.

greatwn73

greatwn73

3rd gen charger

greatwn73

last of the bunch, the last car is the one he drove in his last race

hemihead

I see two of his most favorite and successful cars there - the 66 Satellite and the 2nd Gen Charger ( that is a 72, his best one was the 73-74).
Beyond popular belief the Superbird was not his favorite,that was and is just good PR.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

JohnnyBee

Ghoste

I wonder if all of those cars are the actual cars from the track or if some are recreations?

TruckDriver

Quote from: JohnnyBee on November 19, 2005, 01:36:39 PM
This one was used to promote the New Charger.

Awsome pic Johnny! :2thumbs: That will be going on my computer wall paper!  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P