News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

A few years back, right around this time of year I wanted to take the Charger on a quick drive during my lunch break (I work from home). It was barely warmed up when I started flogging it and during a 1-2 shift I heard a strange noise from under the hood followed by tons of smoke.  I pulled over and saw that my Thermostat housing failed big time and coolant was spraying everywhere. What a mess but it ended up being the cheap chrome housing I had that warped. I replaced it since with a billet/o ring deal that has been flawless since.

Right after I had the car painted, no bumpers, lights etc I thought it was a good idea to take my young son around the block, but in my excitement I forgot to put the bungie cord I had holding the hood down temporarily and when I  gave the throttle a quick stab, the hood started to fly up on me. I braked while this was happening but the hood still managed to bend badly.

This was my original hood that was perfectly straight with no rust that I had hanging on my ceiling to keep it safe only to be destroyed in seconds due to my dumbass.   I ended bending the hood back, welding in some supports and then having the painter re shoot it.  THe painter felt bad for me and painted it for free (I had left over paint) and even drove to my garage with his UV light to make sure he had a perfect match. 

The hood is still not right, doesnt sit flat on the sides where it meets the fender so my plan is to buy another one in the future but I also plan on putting my fiberglass 6 pack hood back on for now.
Charger Discussion / Re: Let's talk Chargers, it is...
Last post by timmycharger - Today at 07:25:39 AM
Working on other hobby projects is fun but I finally have some work lined up on my Charger! I just received my driver's side bucket seat track/bracket from Classic Industries.  Since I finished the resto, the seat track has been messed up, it only holds on one side unless you get down there with a screwdriver due to the spring being shot and one of the bearings not rolling as it should.

Ill take some pics when I install that because I plan on playing around with washers under the fronts of the tracks to gain some more reclining action.

I also got my seals for my Strange S60 that has been slowly leaking for 2 years.

Actual work on my Charger about to be done!
It has been a while since I have posted on this project but we just got back at it last weekend.  My son finished his first knife using a must milder piece of steel that was easier to work with to get more experience using the forge.

Now that we have a good handle on how to "tune" the forge, we went back at the torsion bar piece that we tried first and failed.  This time around it was much better.  The forge was working great and we got the torsion bar hot enough to flatten and stretch it to exactly where we wanted.  Having a proper anvil made a huge difference, once we find a final spot for the forge, I plan on getting a tree stump to put the anvil on.

Next step is to shape it. We had to stop because my belt grinder, bench grinder and angle grinder were useless against this beast of a piece of metal.  I just ordered some aluminum oxide materials and will go at it again next week.

Looks like my old Torsion bars will finally turn into something!
Charger Discussion / Re: Need help with my 1970 cha...
Last post by b5blue - Yesterday at 10:14:03 PM
 :shruggy: IDK but feel for him!
Charger Discussion / Re: '71 R/T for $5000 CDN ($3,...
Last post by doctor4766 - Yesterday at 09:58:39 PM
Excuse my ignorance on later models, but is that even a Charger VIN?
Charger Discussion / Re: Need help with my 1970 cha...
Last post by hemi-hampton - Yesterday at 08:35:22 PM
Quote from: b5blue on March 26, 2024, 09:18:29 PMPerfection sweating.  :scratchchin: I couldn't find anyone who would "just shoot" my 70. The guy I finally found just had to sand the crap out of it before shooting. (My 70 is just an old car to me I made that clear.)

Been waiting for original poster to reply, he's been in here since I asked my 2 questions but don't want to reply? why is that :shruggy:
Proven Engine Combos / Re: 541 factory block combo
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 06:14:05 PM
How do you get 541 cubes from a 440 block without a siamesed bore? How long is that stroke?
Is that a  .060 overbore and a 4.5 stroke?
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Old Mopars in the wild
Last post by Chris 69 - Yesterday at 05:30:53 PM
Late 60's Dodge pickups. Susanville, CA. 3/27/24
IMG_9381.JPGIMG_9383.JPG 
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Old Mopars in the wild
Last post by Chris 69 - Yesterday at 05:29:58 PM
1978 Dodge pickup. Redding, CA. 3/27/24
IMG_3276.JPGIMG_3269.JPG 
Cars Wanted / Re: 1969 charger 500
Last post by Michele - Yesterday at 02:24:42 PM
 :popcrn: Still looking :shruggy:
Alain platinum 442 4spd factory A/C