News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk floor fitment

Started by jobbless, July 26, 2012, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobbless

I am about to install a AMD one piece trunk floor in my 68 charger. I have the rails all cleaned and just about to Mark the bottom so I can start blowing holes in it. I want to make sure it is where it is supposed to be.. My question is, how is the trunkfloor supposed to line up with the rear crossmember? Is it supposed to be flush? Is it supposed to extend past it? Any help is appreciated.
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

Dino

If it's a one piece amd it should have a lip on the back that meets up with the tailpanel.  The floor will likely go past the crossmember but I haven't done one in a while so I'm not positive.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68Charger4me

I had the two piece floor, mine extended past the cross member and everything lined up ok.

jobbless

The tail panel, rear valance, and left quarter are off..
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

Dino

Quote from: jobbless on July 26, 2012, 04:28:02 PM
The tail panel, rear valance, and left quarter are off..

You'll have to get the new ones on, don't weld without fitting the rest.  Use clamps and self tapping screws to hold stuff in place.  You'll have to tweak stuff to fit.  Once everything lines up you can start welding.

68Charger4me

I agree with Dino, I put new quarters, rear valance, dutchman panel on.  screwed and clamped everything together to make sure everything lined up, must have had them off and on the car 3 times!!

jobbless

I get it. Guess I have a lot of drilling and screwing to do...
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

Dino

Quote from: jobbless on July 26, 2012, 04:45:51 PM
I get it. Guess I have a lot of drilling and screwing to do...

No drilling, just screwing....dang that sounds weird!

Get self tap screws, they have the small drill bit on the end.

jobbless

68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

NHCharger

Quote from: 68Charger4me on July 26, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
I had the two piece floor, mine extended past the cross member and everything lined up ok.

Same here. Installed my trunk floor last year. As mentioned above fit everything together with self tapping screws. I must have had the trunk floor in and out a dozen times. My floor lined up perfectly. The issue I had was that I had to replace a section of the wheel well on each side. I used some pieces from my 72 parts Charger so I had to massage the pieces to fit.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel