News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do 68 and 69 8-track radio bezel's interchange???

Started by Mfr426, January 05, 2006, 06:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Just wondering at these things are getting REALLY hard to find. Looks like the 68 has a point in the middle. I dont have a faceplate for my 69 so I cant tell if my year has the same "point".

Thanks for any direction.

Mike

Rolling_Thunder

in short ?  yes and no...    yes it will fit but...   the gain pattern is different...
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mfr426

OK...I can work with that. I hope to get a black one and then find the woodgrain plate to install. I've had NO luck in finding one for my car so I think I might need to piece the purchase together like that.

So, the 69 also has the point in the middle?

Troy

Actually, the 68 is ribbed and getting a decal kit over it is probably going to be difficult. The 68s are a bit pointed in the middle but I haven't looked closely at any others. I thought those were being reproduced?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on January 05, 2006, 08:28:55 PM
Actually, the 68 is ribbed and getting a decal kit over it is probably going to be difficult. The 68s are a bit pointed in the middle but I haven't looked closely at any others. I thought those were being reproduced?

Troy

Troy, hes looking to piece together a bezel using the woodgrain faceplate, not the decal.

Just to put in perspective of the ludicracy of these things....I believe 69 & 70 might be the same

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-MOPAR-AM-FM-8-TRACK-SUPERBEE-CORONET-R-T-PLYMOUTH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80741QQitemZ4599026484QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Ah, never mind - looking for a temporary solution and not a hack. I still thought someone was reproducing those but maybe it was a dream like a lot of these other parts that are supposed to exist.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

Troy, they were doing the ribbed 68 style, but the quality was bad so they stopped at least a year ago.
That's all I know, I did see them in person and they were bad  :-X

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mfr426

And did you check out the price of that 70 bezel? $340 for a beat up faceplate is not going to fly with me. This is where the hobby has gotten out of hand. That's just plain ridiculous and I know about the supply and demand story. Just burns me up as I really need the part.

I was thinking of the 68 as I dint see why putting that metal faceplate on a non-faceplate bezel would not work. That's how the trim is for the rest of the dash (with the woodgrain face added).

Thanks all for comments.

Mike R