News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AM stock radio and CD player?

Started by COKE, January 04, 2006, 06:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

Hello,
I know aguy who has a sistem on his 79 ´Bronco wich plays  CDs using his stock am/fm radio.It is from Pioneer,and it is connected to the  the original radio anthena ,i think ,and he can to listen the music from a cd changer across the radio.
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a516.det.CRM-1652RF_FM-ADD-ON-CD-CHANGER-CONTROLLER.htm
He says that an FM radio is needed.I would like to know it does exist any similar sistem,to keep the original Solid state  AM radio and play cds without mounting a hidden modern radio.
Thanks.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

phat69charger

Most add on CD Changers work off a pre determined FM station for the modulator to work, so that's why the FM radio is needed for it to play, AM will not work with the modulator that comes with the CD changer.

COKE

Ok ,you,re right.
Waht kind of method do you use to keep the original Solid State Am radio and listen CD Music?
Is secret audio the only solution?
Regards,

Nacho-RT74

Jorgeeeeeee...  Tanto tiempo... que bueno verte por estos lares...

Como va ese 69 ?... tengo previsto irme definitivamente a España para esta primavera, ya con mi coche casi perfecto...  si quieres verlo pincha en el link de mi "signature"...

ah, por cierto... acerca del sistema de audio... estoy pensando en lo mismo, por lo cual tambien ando buscando un AM/FM original...

Suerte
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

phat69charger

Quote from: COKE on January 05, 2006, 08:12:46 AM
Ok ,you,re right.
Waht kind of method do you use to keep the original Solid State Am radio and listen CD Music?
Is secret audio the only solution?
Regards,

Coke, you just need to find a stealth place to install an additional radio and have it switchable with your factory radio, hit some of the automotive stereo sites and see if someone has posted the question about your same thing your asking about, try the forum at:   http://the12volt.com they may have the information you need there, as far as intergating a second radio system with a factory system, I don't mind having a modified classic car that's not original, if my Charger was original it would have a 318, auto trans and 2:76 gears in it, what would I do with that? I would buy the new Charger that I do not like before I'd build a 318 automatic 69 Charger.

I don't have a method for that question because Original my car is not, in fact it is far from that, most of the common things that are factory in my car are changed because my car was in two different locations during a two year period and some of the parts are gone now, so it's easier to just make custom things or buy after market parts instead of looking for and paying outrageous prices for certain factory parts, some of my factory parts are going to be up for sale shortly, some of the factory parts that are availiable now will soon be super rare and super expensive, so I don't want to play that game when it's like that, so if you have a Classis Charger you better keep it and tell you better half to shut her cake hole because I could have brought the car about 7 times over new in 1969 with the amount of money I have spent so far buying the car initialy, which was more than it would have cost new in 69 and building it the way it is now, and I haven't been or couldn't even make payments for whats already done, so if aftermarket parts suit my needs that's the way it is for me.

Later, Marc

COKE

Hi Nacho! How are you?
I though the Dodge-Charger.com site had expired,i was a time looking for it in the net without notice until someone said to me that all the people was here.
I hope to see you around here soon.

Marc ,i,m agree with you.I have installed Viper brakes on my car,also a 73 ´and up  power steering , a Dakota starter and other things from newer cars.
I don,t like the showcars.I wouldn,t be able to have a perfect car.I want a car for drive.
But i like to find the balance between an upgraded o performed classic car and a strictly from factory car.
A modern radio with digital numbers is not for install in that dash.
So it might to be another solution without the necessity of spend $ 200 or more on a AM/FM original radio for install a cd player.
Thanks for the help.
Regards,