News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird dana bracket???

Started by DoubleDlover, August 27, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

so what is this little bracket for? And are they also on 69 rear ends? Whats the number mean? r

elacruze

It's probably on all of them, it's for the parking brake cable clamp.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

DoubleDlover

hi there. Wow the parking brake cable. I never would have thought. thanks for the info. r

DoubleDlover

is this bracket found on any other rear ends becides danas????

hemi68charger

If the question isn't answered when I get home, I'll check. Granted, both my Dana-cars are '69.............  I wouldn't have thought the parking brake routing would have been any different in '70.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DoubleDlover

ok. That's great. Thanks for the help. Mine is missing. So if anyone else out there knows a different car or rearend I can find that bracket on it would help. me. thanks

pettybird

Isn't your car an automatic?  8 3/4 and other rears had the park brake cable bolted to the floorpan.

hemi68charger

Well, I learn something new every day and things like this bring to light items I never noticed before... But, the Dana in my '69 Daytona DOES have a bracket on the passenger side that the parking brake cable mounts to........  :yesnod:

Sorry for the mess..... But,,,,,,,, she's a driver.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

DoubleDlover

hi there. Thanks for the pic. My car is an original 4 spd. petty car. That rear has the bracket. dana.. I have a dana rear im putting back to stock. someone welded on those big brackets for a 4 link track bar.. right where that bracket used to be..... So. Now it looks like were trying to find out if that bracket is only on 4 spd cars? reguardless of rear end? Or only dana  4 spd cars? Not auto?.. And if that bracket is on any other cars of any type. dam big questions on such a small item. LOL ron

hemi68charger

Quote from: DoubleDlover on August 29, 2013, 08:01:12 PM
hi there. Thanks for the pic. My car is an original 4 spd. petty car. That rear has the bracket. dana.. I have a dana rear im putting back to stock. someone welded on those big brackets for a 4 link track bar.. right where that bracket used to be..... So. Now it looks like were trying to find out if that bracket is only on 4 spd cars? reguardless of rear end? Or only dana  4 spd cars? Not auto?.. And if that bracket is on any other cars of any type. dam big questions on such a small item. LOL ron

Any Dana car......... My Daytona is a Super High Performance axle package car with the 727... Now that I think about it, my former 4speed C500 had that too.........
Troy

DoubleDlover

well I aint gonna find a dana pass. car anytime soon in the bone yard. Maybe a truck or van dana??