News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: What has been your longest...
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - Today at 04:14:14 PM
If Venezuela was larger, maybe I could have driven more miles quite often, but Venezuela is about the size of Texas.

About trip incidents... waterpump/steering wheel belt broken on one of the trips with my GF at the moment to Porlamar (Margarita Island), while riding at maybe 75-80 mph at highway.

And riding to my former GF home city, the exhaust to manifold flange coming loose couple of times. This was a constant deal I had to keep working on, causing leaks on driver side.
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 03:23:01 PM
To me, the 10 mpg number was a bare minimum.
My first trip down south, I had the 440/493 with the MP 509 cam and 3.23 gears. I barely got over 10 mpg.
Now, fuel economy wasn't a major consideration but it did matter some. When you have long distances between gas stations, just having more range makes a big difference.
My 2022 trip to Van Nuys was my first with the Tremec 5 speed. In overdrive, my final drive is 2.27. Even with the almost 500 cubes and A/C, I got 15.1 driving between 65 and 70. I could have probably squeezed 16 or better if I had a Thermoquad and drove around 60.
That wasn't the main point though. I wanted to drive a classic on the road and see the sights. My last trip, I had readings between 10.9 and 12,5 but I was with a group that wanted to do 70-75 with some blasts up to 100 just for fun. I was fine with that....I didn't build a big block for hypermiling!
Last post by John_Kunkel - Today at 03:15:42 PM

Drove my '70 Charger RT to Las Vegas and on to Boulder Dam...a little over 1300 miles in a long weekend. Averaged 10 mpg with the A/C running almost continuously.
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:22:22 PM
Nacho has me beat!
For me, I've taken the car to Los Angeles 6 times and that usually means just shy of 1000 miles for the whole trip including driving around while down there. The only breakdown I've had was the RH tailpipe bracket has broken a few times. No water pump/radiator hose failures, no alternator/starter problems, no coil/distributor issues. I expected something and was ready for it with spare parts stowed away but nothing broke.
My last trip was last week...I did drag the exhaust when going over a speed bump and I knocked a muffler loose but the car was still running !
Movies and TV Shows / GL / 69' Charger Tail-pan colo...
Last post by Captain D - Today at 09:34:35 AM
Hi all,

To ask please:

On the General Lees' and/or the factory 69' Charger tail-pans that were black, what was the most prominent - flat or satin black, just out of curiosity?

Also, which of the two (flat or satin black) actually looks better and any pics for good comparisons?

Thank you for your time and info!
Last post by b5blue - Today at 08:12:56 AM
Bought overhauled in 40 days then driven St. Pete FL to Richmond VA. (1K miles.) Used for a year and driven back to St. Pete. before the crank snapped.
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - Today at 08:02:07 AM
I never have hesitated about make a long tips with my Charger. After all it has been my daily driver since ever.

I have made these several times.

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg 

Second pic including a ferry trip... so really more hours in total

All three not just once.

I had a girlfriend in Maracay city ( is on the way on two of the pic included ) so was a constant 1:45~2 hours trip.
Charger Discussion / What has been your longest roa...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 03:07:25 AM
Do you trust your car to be reliable to make a 500 mile road trip? How about 1000 miles?
When these were new, people drove them simply as cars, not rare classics. They packed them with luggage and drove all over the place.
You can still do that.
Nothing compares to a classic car for that unique feeling of nostalgia.

IMG_9323.JPG

Where have you been with your car?

CCM 22 D.jpg

IMG_3016.JPG 

Interior / Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - Yesterday at 05:48:55 PM
I know some of you have this radio. When connected to your phone via Bluetooth, is there a way to skip tracks or do you need to do that on your phone?

Does someone use the old school overlays? What does it look like when the radio is on?Screenshot_20240426_184800_Chrome.jpg
I run them as well. There's a thread on here when he started making these.