News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Parts & Accessories For Sale / Original 1968-70 Charger Rear ...
Last post by Moparply - Yesterday at 12:36:21 PM
Original 1968-70 Charger rear glass, clear, nice condition, $400

Original Chrysler glass with the Pentastar.

I can deliver to the Chryslers Carlisle show in July with prior arrangements if needed.

This can be shipped thru Fedex Ground.

Located in NJ

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by John_Kunkel - Yesterday at 12:24:28 PM

Not really a "traffic" ticket because it's not a moving violation, but the cops in my state love to write citations for tinted windows deemed too dark. The law says "Front-side windows must allow over 70% of light to be transmitted. This restricts tint to 30% or lighter."  How the hell does a cop determine this?
They write the ticket and it's up to you to prove it's not too dark.  :shruggy:
Aero Cars / Re: C500 & Daytonas & Superbir...
Last post by held1823 - Yesterday at 11:10:25 AM
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Stuttering for emphasis?
Last post by b5blue - Yesterday at 07:36:00 AM
  In basic training our Sgt. stuttered constantly, every order and sentence was staggered English. This is NOT what I meant as that is a stigmatic effect like Mel Tillis has. 
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Ever notice...
Last post by b5blue - Yesterday at 07:26:12 AM
Thanks, it's a peek into others thought process. :scratchchin:
Last post by armor64 - Yesterday at 06:47:48 AM
I've always had that growing up in Northern Ontario, Canada. Everything is far away, and sometimes the roads were so terrible you couldn't go a reliable speed like 80, so distance was useless. now living in southern Ontario, explaining going from, say, Toronto to Ottawa, its not 450km away, its still 5ish hours. Next town over? 15mins. Where were you from again? 10 hours northwest of North Bay.
Aero Cars / Re: C500 & Daytonas & Superbir...
Last post by 70 sublime - Yesterday at 06:31:57 AM
I phoned a guy last night about a 1971 Firebird ( I used to have one a long time ago )

Got to talking after finding out his prices were for the pure Pontiac guy.
I said it was a little more than I wanted to pay for a project because I was a Mopar guy at heart.

Then he said Oh he had a Dodge Dart and 2 1969 Daytonas also. One blue car 440 auto and a hemi orange car he painted with 440 six pack and 4 speed in it.

Soooo now I am going to have to make a trip about an hour away to see his toys as he said he would be happy to show me  :icon_smile_big:
Last post by 70 sublime - Yesterday at 06:22:25 AM
Some times saying the airport is 2 hours away is better than saying 60 miles.
60 miles makes me think it will take an hour to get there but if the traffic sucks between here and there it can take 2 hours.
We live outside the city here and it used to take an hour to get to airport.
Um no more. That is truly a fantasy to get that far in an hour unless it is 3:00 in the morning but now that summer road work has started that will not always work either.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Stuttering for emphasis?
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 03:12:48 AM
Unintentional stuttering is frustrating for the person doing it and is often just accepted by polite people.
We all know that none of us are perfect so we allow some slack when dealing with others.
When a person's actions are faked for emphasis or to unfairly garner sympathy or support, that is bullshit.

01 boooo.jpg

I knew a guy that stuttered when he spoke but he was a friend so nobody hassled him about it. It got far worse when he was pissed off. Imagine trying to cuss out someone and getting stuck on "You motherff  ff  ff  ff  ff ....You mother ff ff  ff ff ... You asshole!"
I read where sometimes when they wore noise cancelling earmuffs, their rate of stutter dropped a significant amount. This indicated that the frequency of the stutter was proportional to their awareness of it. They were self conscious, yet did it more. Strange. Like trying to hold in a laugh at something inappropriate but then losing it and giggling at what could be a very awkward time.
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - Yesterday at 01:04:41 AM
That's what I meant... in general the time concept is a daily deal for everyone, but not the distance.

On cities you can also tipically measures distance by blocks or streets for the same reason.