News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by 496polara - Today at 02:28:09 PM
16 years old and had a buddy in the car. Stopped at the bottom of a hill in a shopping center parking lot (late at night)and did a burnout all the way up the hill. Came rolling over the top of the hill with smoke rolling out of my wheel wells and three Raleigh NC police sitting side by side talking and staring at me. I pulled over and waited to see which one would write me up. He gave me a careless and reckless ticket.Went to court three times and they postponed it each time.The fourth time they dismissed it.Cop had a nervous breakdown and was committed so all pending cases dismissed.

Six months later some asshat in a Chevelle passed me on the double yellow line in front of my high school(at night), When he leaves the stop sign I floor it and go past him sideways and wind out first and second gear. Look in the rearview and blue lights way back.SHIT! Don't know where he was or if he saw my tag so I pull over. He comes up and thanks me for stopping and asks what the hell? Told him the asshat story (true) and that I was pissed because my gf just broke up with me (not true). He goes back to his car for a few minutes and comes back with my license,hands it to me and says slow down and have a nice night.

All in my first car,1972 Charger with 400/727/3.23. Man I wish I could afford to recreate one exactly like that.
Cars Wanted / Re: 1969 charger 500
Last post by Michele - Today at 02:24:30 PM
Hi
I have replied via your private email
Just let me know :cheers:
Thank you and have a great day ;)
Alain platinum 442 4spd factory A/C :drive: 
Off Topic Discussion / Stuttering for emphasis?
Last post by b5blue - Today at 01:23:18 PM
Emphasis by repeating a word or phrase. I worked with a guy who under stress would always start with I, I, I or You, you, you. But now that I'm retired and watch way to much TV I see Dr. Phil and Harvey (On TMZ.) do it constantly. I really can't stand ether show as they are so stupid but the stutter thing seems everywhere now.
Off Topic Discussion / Ever notice...
Last post by b5blue - Today at 01:13:58 PM
  Recently I've had a few examples of people mixing distance with time like, "I live an hour and a half to the north." so WTF could that mean? The variables stack to the point of a useless reference to me.  :scratchchin:   
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by 426HemiChick - Yesterday at 08:46:56 PM
Hi Folks,         04 May 2024

Maybe they should create a "NO Ticket" holiday. Go as fast as you like and break every traffic law known to man.

The idea being all sane folks take the day off and stay home. Let the crazies have the roads to themselves. Hopefully, they'll decimate one another and the embalmers will reap a windfall.

I Know, it won't work; just dreaming.

Best Always
426 HC's
Cars Wanted / Re: 1969 dodge charger wanted ...
Last post by darkside - Yesterday at 05:32:11 PM
I'm still looking for one.
Last post by Sbird69 - Yesterday at 04:04:30 PM
I have just retired and pushing 70.  Have owned 2 of the HEMI 500's for 52 years and do not want to discuss 500's with anybody that just discovered that they were once made.
However, I may decide to sell my second one. Sold new in Boston and raced at New England Dragway in SS/EA trim.
I do not have the original engine.  Will forward a picture from its its hey day as soon as I find one.
I have owned the parts to convert it to a Daytona since 1974 and that was my plan. I am less inclined to do that these days,
Give me some idea of what you are looking for, and to do.
Sbird69
Last post by Michele - Yesterday at 03:31:32 PM
 :shruggy:  Hi all still looking :wave: Hope is always good :2thumbs:
The ruffer the better :yesnod:
Alain platinum 442 4 Spd factory A/C :shruggy:
Charger Discussion / Re: My new patina'd RR1 burgun...
Last post by 70B5Cuda - Yesterday at 02:43:52 PM
Although the engine bay cleaned up fairly nice, the driver's side inner fender had a lot of surface rust and some rust around the fender tag and under the battery tray. I briefly thought about just having the driver side inner fender painted but knew the colors wouldn't match so I figured now is the time to just do it once and do it right...I pulled everything out of the engine bay and hauled the charger over to my sheetmetal/paint guy. I had him delete the battery tray shelf since the battery will be in the trunk.

Aero Cars / Re: superbird manifold date co...
Last post by Alaskan_TA - Yesterday at 12:12:39 PM
Exhaust manifolds are not Superbird specific in any way.

The date code is from the 129th day of the 1969 calendar year.