News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Local Birds Spotted in LI, NY

Started by 4402tuff4u, April 04, 2006, 07:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

This past Sunday, the LI Mopar Power Club had a gathering at a local Burger King parking lot in Copiague, NY. I was on my way to my second job, however made it a point to swing by for a few minutes and see the collection of nice Mopars here in Long Island. I only saw two Charger's pulling out as I was arriving. A black on black 67 hemi - my goodness!!! You should have seen that "mirror on wheels" pulling out of the parking lot!!! The other was a blue with white top 68 Charger with a blower hood. Could'nt take pictures of them. They were pulling out as I was parking. The owner of the 69 Daytona was very friendly and told him that my 68 R/T was being restored, bla, bla, bla. He even offered me to let me sit in his Daytona if I wanted too, since I was just looking inside from his door. I told him that was very nice of him, but I declined I had to run to go to work. Told him of our site and told him it would great to have another bird in the website. Gave him the details and off I went. He told me it was a number matching Daytona and he told me what he bought it for in Florida. He stole the Daytona for what he told me he paid!!!!! He has all the paper work from the dealer too! Even a magazine article about that particular car. It was a 4 speed, dana 60 rear - awesome bird! Asked him if he would'nt mind if I posted the photo's and he said not at all.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hotrod98

That's a coincidence...I'm building an orange superbird clone and a red daytona clone. They look pretty good together.
Would rather have the real ones.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

73rallye440magnum

cool, so have we heard from the guy yet?
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

69_500

Is that the 4 speed Daytona that was for sale in florida about 5 years ago for $60K? I think it was very low mileage also, something like 16K or 19K miles?

BigBlockSam

it looks like the daytona for sale on ebay,  :wave:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

on cars in barns theres a story of a hemi green 4-spd bird sittin in a abckyard out there goo lookin 4 it ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Chris, if it is the car I am thinking of then yes I do have a photo of the fender tag. :) If it isn't then nope.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 07, 2006, 05:55:05 AM
Any pics of the tag?  :scope: :scope:

No I did'nt get a chance to ask him. I was also running late. I'll see him again. He told me that they have another "get together" meet later on in April. Also looking for that black 69 too.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: 69_500 on April 04, 2006, 06:08:08 PM
Is that the 4 speed Daytona that was for sale in florida about 5 years ago for $60K? I think it was very low mileage also, something like 16K or 19K miles?

I think it might be because he said it had low milage. He also said he paid in the fifties!! Wow!

69_500

When I get home from editing the Vegas movie, then I'll try to remember to look at the photo's I took of the car. I'll compare the VINs and see.