News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our Club (CCC) is known to the stars of "Christine"

Started by Cooter, May 06, 2010, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I'd have been asking "Liegh " if she wanted to hop in the car and re-enact the drive-in movie scene.  :2thumbs:

...At least the pre-choking part... :coolgleamA:

bull

Ever since Christine came out I've wondered if Carpenter is a bit of a Mopar guy. I realize he went with what King wrote but he really didn't have to.

Mike DC

The car being a Plymouth "Fury" probably had something to do with the choice.  And the fact that it was not very common (for the late 70s/early 80s) might have helped the story too, because fewer people in the crowd would have ever owned quite the same car.

Steven King was correct enough in the novel to say that the car was supposed to be beige, but Christine's original owner had the car painted bright red.   

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 09, 2010, 11:06:59 PM

The car being a Plymouth "Fury" probably had something to do with the choice.  And the fact that it was not very common (for the late 70s/early 80s) might have helped the story too, because fewer people in the crowd would have ever owned quite the same car.

Steven King was correct enough in the novel to say that the car was supposed to be beige, but Christine's original owner had the car painted bright red.   

IIRC Dennis had a Dart in King's book but Carpenter went with the Charger instead. It could have been a Mustang or a Chevelle or whatever but he stuck to the Mopar theme. And although I'm not overjoyed that they crushed a classic Camaro in the movie I was happy to see that a movie Charger survived relatively unscathed for once.

More useless info I didn't know: Christine made a cameo in Stephen King's 1986 novel IT and Cat's Eye, sent by Pennywise to help Henry Bowers murder Eddie Kaspbrak. The car was also seen in The Stand. A Quantum Leap (TV series) episode has Sam Beckett driving Christine, along with his friend, a young Stephen King.

GL#10

Cooter

Thanks for posting the pics  ,  id still like to see a sequel to this  movie  ,  the end scene with the twisting part of the grille ,left it open for a sequel .
  On another note any one got a set of Bumper wings  , need them for my Christine !!.

K.c

Bob T

Hey , great pics Cooter, thanks for posting. Would've been a blast being there and talking to the people involved. I recognised Arnie & Buddy but had to read the rest of it, will have to get it out of the dvd shop this weekend , have'nt seen it for years. Top movie.

A friend of mine around the road away has a cool old 58 with dual quads in original condition and his dad has a beautiful restored 59, both awesome cars for different reasons. will put up a couple of pics after the next run. Went to a party at their pad the other friday night and jeeez, lots of finned car came out , guys that didnt have their cars there bought "in progress " pics. A lot of them even look like they are living in the late 50s & 60's with big sidies & hair all slicked back and some of the girls were done in 50's fashions with hair all up and tatts. and the music all night was r n r & rockabilly  :lol:. I parked the 68 at the front and it just looked small without any fins .Top night.

Cheers
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

GATOR MC KLUSKY

Buddy Rapperton rules!!!! The coolest ever! A real idiot, but has style! ;-)

Who is he in the pictures? What does he wear?

1BAD68

Cooter

I can hardly even believe this one.....Keith Gordon AKA "Arnie Cuttingham" has joined the club (CCC) and posting on the board....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB1

Delete my profile