News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Code V88 Transverse Stripe Delete

Started by Arnie Cunningham, October 11, 2012, 11:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

As long as we are on a roll with the subject of stripes and decals, I have a couple of questions about the V88 stripe delete.

The part number for the "road" emblem is 2964114.
The part number for the "runner" emblem is 2964115.
The part number for the stand-up bird decal on the deck lid is 2964116.

These show up in the 1970 parts catalog as the substitute when a regular 1970 Road Runner is without a stripe.

Has anyone seen a standard 1970 road runner with the V88 code and the emblems on the trunk lid?

If so, were the quarter panel emblems not installed – in the same manner as the Superbirds?

I always thought the standing bird found on the inside of the passenger door was the same as the bird found on the decklid/trunklid/fender extension.  And yet 3499407 is the part number for this decal.  Is this just a duplicate part number for the same decal or was there some difference?

Thanks
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

I always thought they were the same decal also and the same decal as the one on the 69 lid center and on the 69 dash  ,  I have a bunch of these NOS decals and have been using them in all those locations   :scratchchin:

Mine are all reflective , should maybe my interior ones not be  :shruggy: :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Ghoste

I didn't think the interior ones were but then again, I've never shone a light on one inside the car to notice.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on October 11, 2012, 11:58:12 AM
I didn't think the interior ones were but then again, I've never shone a light on one inside the car to notice.
used them in the birdible too  :shruggy:  thEy are Nos in the dealer envelope still but I think they are volare Era Road runner decals 

Ghoste

With Chrysler it wouldn't surprise me if they were all exactly the same from 69 to the death of the Road Runner.  It equally wouldn't surprise me if each location on each year was slightly different and there were dozens of similar looking bird decals to be had. :lol:

moparstuart

I ordered them in the early 80's for my 69 runner but putting up next to the originals on my 70 RR they are the same size so i have been using them on everything .

JB400

Ghoste

We have an extremely well done A12 sitting here in the museum so I checked it a few minutes ago and unless it was restored wrong, the dash bird in it is reflective.

moparstuart

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 11, 2012, 01:04:03 PM
Why change something that works? :shruggy: :2thumbs:
I'm not changing anything  , we were just trying to figure out if its correct 

Ghoste

FWIW, I checked the other birds while I was at it and it LOOKED like the rear one is also reflective and the side ones were not.  But my light source was dying by then too so I could be wrong on the side birds.

JB400

Quote from: moparstuart on October 11, 2012, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 11, 2012, 01:04:03 PM
Why change something that works? :shruggy: :2thumbs:
I'm not changing anything  , we were just trying to figure out if its correct 
I was talking about the birds.  Maybe I should have been talking about ducks instead.

pettybird

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on October 11, 2012, 11:19:24 AM

Has anyone seen a standard 1970 road runner with the V88 code and the emblems on the trunk lid?

If so, were the quarter panel emblems not installed – in the same manner as the Superbirds?

I always thought the standing bird found on the inside of the passenger door was the same as the bird found on the decklid/trunklid/fender extension.  And yet 3499407 is the part number for this decal.  Is this just a duplicate part number for the same decal or was there some difference?

Thanks

Yes on the stripe delete cars.  The emblems were on the trunklid and the quarters. 

There's a 349xxx part number in the 1970 book?  I thought that would be a later part...  The birds I put on the car were the same from the door to the tail, as were the originals.  The original interior birds are absolutely reflective.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 12, 2012, 03:58:53 PM
Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on October 11, 2012, 11:19:24 AM

Thanks

Yes on the stripe delete cars.  The emblems were on the trunklid and the quarters. 

There's a 349xxx part number in the 1970 book?  I thought that would be a later part...  The birds I put on the car were the same from the door to the tail, as were the originals.  The original interior birds are absolutely reflective.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Arnie Cunningham

This car is currently on ebay and claimed to be a survivor.  Has anyone else seen an emblem in place of the "road runner" in the decal?
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

AH, more info, dealer installed dust stripe, most likely the transverse stripe is also dealer installed

WINGIN IT

Yes according to the paperwork from original owner, stripe was installed by dealer.

So I am guessing stripe delete cars got the emblem, if you didn't get the stripe, not sure.

That car is nice,  but not sure the bidding is accurate .