News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird latch tray question

Started by 4spdwing, December 04, 2011, 01:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4spdwing

I am getting ready to paint my latch tray. Does anyone know what color the spring should be? I've seen black and grey but wanted to know what was correct. Thanks Tom
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

FJ5WING

I cant help with the degree of gloss but I know it should be a semi gloss/satin Black.
wingless now, but still around.

4spdwing

Ok thank you. I thought black. Im just using semi gloss spray can just trying to make it look better than it does. Thanks Tom

maxwellwedge

Spring was zinc-phosphate plated guys.

62 Max

4spdwing

Ok thank you. I did paint it black but i can redo it.

FJ5WING

Quote from: 62 Max on December 04, 2011, 04:38:38 PM
Yes it was.

Thats a pefect picture picture of one of the items on my need list.......
I have the spring but am still hunting for the elusive retaining clips.

I know the part numbers and the application(70 Imperial((maybe others)) hood release cable retainers) but have yet to locate them.  :brickwall:
wingless now, but still around.

troy.70R/T

I usuallly take my stuff to a plater in Independance MO. they do a good job and are pretty resonable as far as plating goes. they have a minimum charger rate of about $175.   for barrel roll tuff (small stuff like nuts and bolts) and $200.00 for rack plating stuff. It has been awhile sinc I have been there so prices may have changed. I have also had them do all my nickel and chrome plating. They did my $ speed shifter for my 70 Charger and did an awesome job. They  do not plate pot metal!!!!!!   I think you can look them up on the internet     the place is DeTray plating in Independance MO.

62 Max

You may want to try Eric Manuel,Elyria Plating in Ohio,quality work,mopar nut and about half the cost of most.
3404@oh.rr.com