News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona wing on Ebay

Started by 451-74Charger, June 04, 2010, 11:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

moparstuart

knob noster is only about 40 minutes from me here at the salvage yard .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

he lives in Knob buster , mo ,  LOL
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 04, 2010, 02:26:52 PM
a am currently  the high bidder

mauve66

Quote from: moparstuart on June 04, 2010, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 04, 2010, 02:26:52 PM
a am currently  the high bidder

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

oh wiat, mines coming from Dane in a (i hope) month or so....................... :nana: :nana: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

oh yeah, where do you guys get the hardware for the 2 screws for the horizontal stabilizer and the mountings for the uprights??
i've seen the base gaskets somewhere..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BigBlockSam

if you bought a Dane wing it comes with the horizontal stabilizer bolts   :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

mauve66

he's such a good guy, i didn't even think to ask, just too excited......................

oh yeah thanks
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Howie

The upright looks solid on the top mount wher it connects to the horizontal wing. Where is the hole for the cable? That is if it is origional.

BigBlockSam

it kinda looks like a solid aluminum wing  :shruggy: if he would of posted a better bottom  picture of the uprights   we would be able to tell.

moparstuart

that would suck if its a solid one

A383Wing

It's not the "NASCAR" wing....it's the street version....I have one of the OE Nascar wings on mine...in the horizontal piece, there are 8 set screws to lock the wing from moving. Set screws are located at the edge of the wing, two on top, 2 on bottom of each end. My vertical pieces only have 3 mounting studs, the 4th stud is missing and it's used for the cable which is still up there in mine

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on June 05, 2010, 08:43:36 PM

Gene Gregory used to make/have made for him solid aluminum Daytona wings...

Might be one of his... :shruggy:

superbirdtom

I wouldn't bid on it until he posts some more bottom pics proving it to be hollow. there were some scammers a while back trying to sell solid very rough daytona wings as originals. and some more history about it

41husk

The good thing for Stuart is he can go see it and pick and pay :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

superbirdtom

good I hope he goes and looks at it to verify its originallity and history. I just can't stand these guys who put up something it is not.

Big Bird

looks like reserve wasn't met !!!!!!!!
BIG - BIRD :)

rob-dirt

? ? ? ? ? ? how much is a solid wing worth ? ? ? ? ?   any around for sale thank,s
Quote from: moparstuart on June 05, 2010, 08:43:36 PM

voyageur1688

A solid wing? Good god what do they think these cars had for springs? some out of a Freightliner? That thing would be heavy as #$%&%.
Voy

moparstuart

the solid wings dane sold for like 700.00 bucks ,  I resold mine for more then that because a guy kept pestering for it , so I threw him a price and he took it.  Then i turned around and upgraded with danes hollow wing .
  The solid wings are still aluminum and less then a hundred pounds. There are several of them out there .

BigBlockSam

the solid aluminum wings where about 90 lbs . the hollow ones are about 57 lbs . very similar in weight and appearance to an original .