News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Here are some pictures of my Charger that HLPAG lied lke a mo fo on their e-bay add on.   Also is a direct quote from the add.   I have plenty of other pics of rusted areas and or damage that they failed to mention and that their strategicly (spelling) taken pictures failed to show, but don't want to bore anyone to death..

"LOOKS LIKE IT STILL HAS ALL OF IT'S ORIGINAL BODY PANELS ON IT AND IS READY TO BE RESTORED! THE TRUNK PAN HAS ALREADY BEEN CUT OUT AND READY FOR THE NEW ONE TO BE INSTALLED! THE 1/4'S HAVE THE TYPICAL CHARGER RUST AND WILL NEED SOME EASY WORK DONE TO THEM! THE REAR WINDOW AREA LOOKS TO BE NICE AND SOLID! THE REAR RAILS WILL NEED SOME WORK BUT SHOULD BE EASY TO DO! THE CAR IS PRETTY COMPLETE AND HAS A BIG BLOCK IN THE CAR THAT IS NOT RUNNING! MOST OF THE INTERIOR IS THERE BUT WILL NEED TO BE REDONE! "

Jon Smith

Ouch! I'd be looking for your money back, "rails need some work" you've got to find them first :down:
you must have some course for legal action, good luck

Doc74

Quote from: AirborneSilva on October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

but don't want to bore anyone to death.

Don't even worry about that part, if we can help we will and this needs to be seen to those who don't know the Illinois hillbillies.
Rear rails need some work huh? What rails ??
These guys shoud be shot on sight, I really don't understand why they're still in business, since when is it ok to falsly advertise over there???
All I can say is do anything you can to get your money back so get a lawyer asap.
There has to be a more efficient way to warn potential buyers about these guys.
I wush there was something I could do, for everyone caught up in their web of deceipt.Whatever happened to that woman who bought one for her hubby ?

AirborneSilva

Thanks guys, and yeah I'd love to find that women who was taking them to court.  I will be filling a complaint with e-bays fraud protection and see if I can't get any money back out of it, to help with the restoration.  I have been told by a few members that since it is a true R/T it is worth the effort and time to fix her up, and I agree, but man do I feel like I've been rapped!!!!  :flame:

Doc74

Exactly, sure it's worth fixing it but this is not what you paid for now is it?
Ebay will probably be unable to help you out but file the complaint anyway.
I think you need to file a complaint somewhere in IL. since that's where they are but I have no clue where to do so.
Here for instance, the shop where I work is connected to acoat selected, if they get complaints about us doing a bad job with their products, or misadvertise or do anything not up to par with the contract then we're in trouble.Don't tell me these guys can actually get away with all this, land of the free is nice but don't overdo it.

AirborneSilva

Hey doc, I have no clue as to where to begin in Illinois either so that is why I'm starting here http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/purchase-protection.html ( a forum member posted this for me), it certainly looks like I meet their criteria but we will see.

Wakko

Quote from: AirborneSilva on October 02, 2005, 07:20:58 AM
Thanks guys, and yeah I'd love to find that women who was taking them to court.

paintstallions@hotmail.com

What'd you pay for that car?  Can you post more pictures of it? 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

MoparYoungGun

Wakko

Yeah, I found the other thread.  $5k...I'm scared about the rest of the car.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

they got brass balls, saying that the trunk was cut out. there gonna mess with the wrong person one day and get hurt. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Arthu®

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 02, 2005, 09:50:59 AM
they got brass balls, saying that the trunk was cut out. there gonna mess with the wrong person one day and get hurt. Rene

That's for sure... I can see how the wrong person could hurt them a real good bit after he/she bought a car from them.
Striving for world domination since 1986

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wakko

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on October 02, 2005, 10:01:30 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 02, 2005, 09:50:59 AM

That's for sure... I can see how the wrong person could hurt them a real good bit after he/she bought a car from them.

As long as they post pics!!!
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

AirborneSilva

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 02, 2005, 10:43:05 AM
Texas Acres has frame rails. Might wanna check them out

http://www.texasacres.com/parts/metal.html

Thanks for the link, I will definetly check them out when I can come up with the money to start buying the plethora of parts/panels I will need.

AirborneSilva

Wakko

That makes me mad to see that.  Do you have budget enough to fix it?  Any skills to do work yourself?
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Mfr426

This is an absolute crime! I'm furious for you bud! I would contact the attorney general for your state and his state. I'd take legal action immediately and let him know that you are taking action.

He's lucky that someone hasn't come by his shop and taken him out. I can't believe that he's still pulling his tricks.

Good luck and post what you plan to do and how you make out.

Mike R in Reading PA
aka
MFR426

Daytona R/T SE

Reality Check:   Now that the "Save all Chargers at any cost" crowd has had their say, time to face the facts, You got SCREWED, the car is junk, period.   If you can find all the parts you need (some are not available new and would have to be found used ) and IF you can find a body shop willing to do the work (tough to do in this day of get it in and out quick insurance jobs ) you're looking at a minimum of $5000 for replacement parts ( have you tried to find a decent 69 Charger fender? ) and roughly $7000-$10,000 on labor costs, this does NOT include the paint job, the drivetrain, interior, etc. If you do find a shop willing to do the work,they will likely have your car for at least a year, probably more - it'll just sit in the corner gathering dust while they slap new fenders on toyatas and chevies every day, when the shop is slow, they'll bang on you car a liitle bit, just enough to justify sending you a bill each month.

So now it's late 2006/early 2007,you've just picked up you car from the body shop. it doesn't run because it has no engine, so you have to hire a flat bed to bring it home, it's in primer so you'd better get it in the garage right away-No garage? all that new metal work will start rusting literally over night if not stored indoors.

So now you've spent over a year of your time and a total of $20,000, what do you have?   A primered rolling shell that is already starting to rust. You'll have $40,000 in that heap before you can ever slide behind the wheel and turn the key for the first time.   I get the feeling that if you had $40K just laying around to spend on an old car you wouldn't have bought this one.

If you are an expert welder / fabricator / body man, can do the work yourself, have a good sized garage to work in with all the tools needed, and enjoy a challenge this car might be worth doing.

I've personally junked cars that were more Rare/desireable and in better shape...

Otherwise, I'd look for a different car, and try to sue the crooks that sold you this heap. :flame: :flame:

OldGuy

Sorry man!! :flame:   But I have seen parts cars in better shape than that. :rotz: 
If you can't get your money back - you might be able to recoup some $$ by parting it out.  There is a law of diminishing returns and I think this one is way over the hump.  Daytona R/T is right about how much money you will have to sink into it and what you will end up with.  Put your money into something worth your time and energy.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

TruckDriver

Well said Daytona R/T SE :yesnod: My '69 383 4spd was in better shape then that but it was also nuthing more then a parts car that I bought with out considering the resto cost. And mine had no floors either and was missing the right rear frame rail. That is why I sold it. It plain sucks to have to part one out, and like me, you may want to restore it. But in reality, thats what you bought. A parts car. I'd get a good attorny. But in the end, it's you thoughts as what to do with it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 02, 2005, 01:26:39 PM
Reality Check:  Now that the "Save all Chargers at any cost" crowd has had their say, time to face the facts, You got SCREWED, the car is junk, period.  If you can find all the parts you need (some are not available new and would have to be found used ) and IF you can find a body shop willing to do the work (tough to do in this day of get it in and out quick insurance jobs ) you're looking at a minimum of $5000 for replacement parts ( have you tried to find a decent 69 Charger fender? ) and roughly $7000-$10,000 on labor costs, this does NOT include the paint job, the drivetrain, interior, etc. If you do find a shop willing to do the work,they will likely have your car for at least a year, probably more - it'll just sit in the corner gathering dust while they slap new fenders on toyatas and chevies every day, when the shop is slow, they'll bang on you car a liitle bit, just enough to justify sending you a bill each month.

So now it's late 2006/early 2007,you've just picked up you car from the body shop. it doesn't run because it has no engine, so you have to hire a flat bed to bring it home, it's in primer so you'd better get it in the garage right away-No garage? all that new metal work will start rusting literally over night if not stored indoors.

So now you've spent over a year of your time and a total of $20,000, what do you have?  A primered rolling shell that is already starting to rust. You'll have $40,000 in that heap before you can ever slide behind the wheel and turn the key for the first time.  I get the feeling that if you had $40K just laying around to spend on an old car you wouldn't have bought this one.

If you are an expert welder / fabricator / body man, can do the work yourself, have a good sized garage to work in with all the tools needed, and enjoy a challenge this car might be worth doing.

I've personally junked cars that were more Rare/desireable and in better shape...

Otherwise, I'd look for a different car, and try to sue the crooks that sold you this heap. :flame: :flame:
:iagree:

BigBlockSam

i said before it was worth fixing but now that  i see more pictures, i have to agree with Daytona R/T SE . it'll cost you alot of money and time.  sue there ball's off and part the car out to get back some of your money.  Rene

TheGhost

God damn, hlpag is pathetic.  I wish you the best of luck in getting some money back.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

sharpspike

heres a link to The Better Business Bureau Serving Chicago and Northern Illinois.

only showing one complaint against them. maybe they can steer you in the right direction.

http://www.chicago.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=46000098