News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Access to "Genuine" N/A made Topline Johnson Lifters

Started by Challenger340, October 03, 2012, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Please post & sticky if possible....

Sick & tired of that Tic...Tic...Tic.... after throttling your Engine...or those upper rpm power drop-offs that can't be tuned out ?
I WAS !
Especially since I am in the Business, and I have to DYNO test every Engine I do in the presence of the Customer to their satisfaction !
I've spent COUNTLESS hours and TIME, tackling the same Valvetrain problems....over & over again.... inherent in alot of todays re-boxed offshore cheap junk Lifters that show up no matter if it says Lunati, CompCams, or whoevers packaging !
Inferior internal Valving...palin & simple !

So I decided to do something about it !
OK so....
after considerable effort and research...here finally is a contact for accessing GENUNE North American made QUALITY Hylift JohnsonLifters for your Mopar. hydraulics, Solids or Hydraulic Rollers(real ones).
Topline Johnson Hylift Lifters, Call "Paul" direct at 1-800-441-1400 and enter extension #609 when prompted.

Sales of 16 only Lifters are obviously a P.I.T.A. for these guys.....but for those of you experiencing these same Valvetrain problems I have...and CURED on the Dyno by switching to the Johnson Lifter,....at least it's a start to get you accessing the cure, and KUDO's to Topline Johnson Hylift for agreeing to help out the little guys being you & me, in accessing the REAL parts !

Try THAT..... with any of these other "too big to fail" don't give a crap manufacturers !

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

justcruisin

A-men to that, had that very problem with comp hydraulic flats on my 440 rebuild, even pulled the heads sent them out to be checked for a tight guide when I was sure I had measured the clearance properly. Last resort swapped in some Johnson Hylift lifters - no more problems.

471_Magnum

It's no secret you can order directly from Topline. Cheaper too.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

firefighter3931

Stickied....thanks for doing the footwork on this one Bob  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RECHRGD

Thanks for the info!!  When I did my top end rebuild a few years back, I used the Comp Magnum hydraulics.  They were a problem from the start.  When one of them went into permanent bleed down mode I switched them to Lunatis.  They are better, but still noisy at times.  I can live with what I've got for now, but the next time I'm in the engine for something I'll definitly go with the Johnsons.
13.53 @ 105.32

ScatPacker

Just spoke to Paul at Topline got a set of Made in USA HT-2011 High Performance for $105 with shipping.

He thought i wanted the Hemi lifters which they did not have in stock. I said I wish i was calling you for them  ;)

I would of never known about this company if it was not for dodgecharger.com !

Thanks for the heads up

Bill

mauve66

hadn't heard about them since that fraud deal back in 08-10, sometime around there, manager stole the pension or something, i forget
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BBCharger

Thanks for the tip, I just fired my 451 for the first time and have readjusted the rockers 3 times now with no luck, tick tick tick. I'm running all Comp Cam valve train parts and was very disappointed to they're reply when I asked where they're lifters were made "we outsource some stuff" code word for made in China. I will give these guys a try, Thanks

71green go

Just got my Johnson lifters delivered to me in Canada......customs docs state Country of Origin Taiwan..NOT USA....
very disappointed about that....their website states MADE IN USA
hopefully they work out
steve

Challenger340

Quote from: 71green go on July 31, 2013, 07:55:46 PM
Just got my Johnson lifters delivered to me in Canada......customs docs state Country of Origin Taiwan..NOT USA....
hopefully they work out
steve

Nope, there are made in U.S.A., phone Dave Popp at the Muskegon Plant, he makes them, dunno why the paperwork says that, I asked him the same thing he said he knows squat about shipping papers...he just makes them ?
All I know....
is I can call Dave anytime...he makes me up any Lifter Body goofball sizings I need anytime I need it(saves bushing Lifter Bores on worn blocks), and they're at my door a coupla days later....
no dork in Taiwan could DO THAT.

Maybe the raw castings are Taiwanese ?? Hard to compete with 100 casting for 1 bowl of rice ??
I dunno here ??.. all I do know.....is Dave Machines them to whatever I need...and he is BANG ON every time, and they work PUSS !

b5blue

Thanks Guys! Just ordered my HT 2011 set from Paul. 75.00 shipped to my door!  :2thumbs: (I mentioned the forum.)

BB14404SPD

Thanks again, I called Paul and was able to purchase the HT 2011's and picked them up in Los Angeles. Cool deal as I payed no ship and no tax. Also they are made in the USA.

Kern Dog

I am curious if they sell solids with the EDM hole in them. I like the idea of having direct oiling to the lobes.

C500

Anyone have an email address for the sales team? The contact form on their website is broke, and calling from New Zealand isn't ideal
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Quote from: C500 on September 04, 2015, 03:41:12 AM
Anyone have an email address for the sales team? The contact form on their website is broke, and calling from New Zealand isn't ideal

Made contact, Dave is very helpful. Put me onto the New Zealand supplier.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Quote from: 71green go on July 31, 2013, 07:55:46 PM
hopefully they work out
steve

You ordered yours from Johnson Lifters here http://johnsonlifters.com/ - different company.

Hylift Johnson is the one Bob is recommending in this thread http://www.hylift-johnson.com/

Tscott38

Just thought i'd give an update to this post. All the contact info is still valid  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I had experienced what sounded like a lifter clatter that was intermittant in my 440.  After pulling my old lifters out, i noticed that one of them had a weak plunger as compared to the rest.  I spoke with Paul today 12/30/16 and ordered a set of 0812 lifters (almost identical to 976's - different width oil band he said) for my 1967 440.  It was $175 with s/h to virginia  he says it'll be 3 days.  thanks to all who posted on this topic - it was a great education on a topic i knew little about a couple months back.       

held1823

2018 catalog / charger applications
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Musicman

davidcam69

I just ordered a set lifters HFT (A 0976) from Paul for my 440 for $112.00.  Nice guy.

Kern Dog

Has anyone bought any of these lifters recently?
I am going with a Comp Hydraulic cam and while their lifters may be fine, I am interested in trying something else.
In 2006, I wiped 2 Comp Cams in my red car, back to back. This was before I knew about Zinc and Phosphorus levels.

Challenger340

Direct from Top Line Auto Engineering, MI ph. 800-441-1400 ask for Dave ext. 611

b5blue

6PakBee