News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shifter Assembly, What do I need?

Started by miamivice, December 11, 2005, 10:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

alright, i have a 69 charger that is supposed to have a auto console shifter.

i have the console, but am missing the whole shifter.   here are pictures of whta is on the floor of the car right now:

another

this is the piece of the console that the shifter goes through, is it missing the gear indicator.......or is that part of the shifter assembly?

help???
what parts do i need to complete this part of my parts hunt?

Troy

You need the part on the right:

It looks like this in the car:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

miamivice

great!   that’s for the quick reply on that.

i see that the shifter doesn’t have that shift indicator on it, so i am assuming that it is supposed to be a part of that center console trim piece (from pic i posted?)   is it an individual piece that attached?

ok, part 2 to the question.   is the shifter for 69 the EXACT same as 68/70, somewhere i read there was some sort of variation between the years.    also, what other makes/models can i get the correct shifter, and last but not least, how hard will it be to find one and what should the average price be for one.

Thanks!

8WHEELER

You need a shifter like this but with a woodgrain ball shift button.
There is one on ebay right now but its a bad picture for you to tell
exactly what you need.

I have heard that also, that some shifters have a bit diferent bend, I
could not tell you witch one that is. I think 66-70 will work from
everything I have seen.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

B5 Charger

Here is a picture of my restored '69 shifter for reference.   :icon_smile_big:

8WHEELER

That will not be so easy to bad its not there they usually are. You can keep an eye on ebay
and find a better one they come up for sale often, or mopar swap meets like our BCC mopar
meet, huge swap meet in our area every year.

Dan

miamivice

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 12, 2005, 02:35:28 PM
That will not be so easy to bad its not there they usually are. You can keep an eye on ebay
and find a better one they come up for sale often, or mopar swap meets like our BBC mopar
meet, huge swap meet in our area every year.

Dan

yeah ill just hold off on that one then.   

what is the BBC swap meet?    i really need to figure out all the meets and stuff that goes on in our area

8WHEELER

BCC mopar car show is in the first Sunday in May every year Seattle Chapter.
BCC means ''Bellevue Community College'' in Bellevue WA.

Dan

miamivice

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 13, 2005, 04:13:48 AM
BCC mopar car show is in the first Sunday in May every year Seattle Chapter.
BCC means ''Bellevue Community College'' in Bellevue WA.

Dan

oh, duh...spring round up
been there, and out to carnation..will be there again next year.   look out for me and my miamivice shirt

F

lookin@my68

Hi all, thought you guys may find this interesting, here are a couple of shots of a 71  Australian Valiant shifter - extremely similar! All our shifter knobs from that year onward are black. Are the shifter knobs the only difference between 68-70 model chargers - or is there slight differences between the shifter gates and/or linkages. I'm looking at buying a 68 charger over here in Australia but its column shift I really want a floor shift car - is this a big deal to convert?? What is everything I will need?? Does anyone have a factory part number for the shifter mech on a 68?? - One last thing - do the BB 727's and SB 727's use the same shifter and linkages?? :icon_smile_cool: