News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by Stevearino - Today at 02:20:18 PM
I get that. LOL.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:10:38 PM
I was showing you what a complete asshole you are by repeating your own behavior. Others will see that.
You are too thick headed to recognize it.
I never stated that I wanted to hand build every part and you know that.
Come find me and talk to me face to face this way. You may do it once but won't be able to do it a second time.
Before the internet, guys like you got their asses handed to them for doing what you do and they learned to be polite.
Stuff like that is long overdue for a comeback.

By "matching set" I was referring to aftermarket gauges like Autometer, etc. The catalog will specify what sensor is used with a specific gauge.

For factory gauges, only way to tell is if the maker cites a factory part number it replaces and it's still a crap shoot. When paper books were replaced by digital, a lot of info got lost in the transition. For example, the NAPA paper catalog shows TS6178 as a replacement for the factory 2426458 temperature sensor which is correct for a '69 Charger. It further shows that the sensor should have 15-19 ohms resistance at 220 degrees.
Quote from: Kern Dog on Today at 02:02:38 AMWhat year car? What is the evaporator out of?

QuoteIt's a generic unit I got off of E-bay.

QuoteYou didn't form the aluminum and make the evaporator yourself? You didn't "do it all" ??

In your own words "How much of an idiot do you have to be to actually take what I wrote in literal terms". In my first reply to this thread I asked "Where do you draw the line at "doing it all"? A legitimate question but that set you off...how dare I bruise your ego by disagreeing on what constitutes "doing it all". Obviously, to you, "doing it all" means installing a kit with instructions and then whining about how poor the instructions are.

QuoteBragging  is never a good way to present yourself.

And, yet, the majority of your posts are bragging about your accomplishments even though you'll deny it. Kinda like the people who post 15-minute videos on YouTube on how to remove the radiator cap on a Crown Vic.

QuoteI'd admit to being impressed with your work but it is obvious that you are impressed enough for all of us here.

You seem to be pretty impressed with yourself for polishing a plastic lens with plastic polish. Not surprised that you don't recognize my last few posts as "tit for tat".  :smilielol:

Quote[Instead of bragging, you could have STARTED a thread and written in more detail and helped others.

Which just eats up band width and would make me look like you. Anybody interested in the details merely has to ask but anybody with a modicum of fabrication skills won't need to ask. Obviously that doesn't include you.
I have a used fuel pickup I want rebuilt and calibrated. A few years ago I thought someone posted here about a place that was good?
Charger Discussion / Re: My new patina'd RR1 burgun...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 10:31:08 AM
A propane torch shouldn't be harmful to the metal if you're not getting the metal much warmer than you can stand to touch by hand.
I just don't like fire.   :rotz:
I'd rather use the scaler. I keep the angle low to scrape rather than to dent!
Thanks guys,
Yeah I cannot justify paying that much to restore the dash. I already converted the voltage regulator, cleaned up the pcb and did the ammeter bypass and installed a new dash overlay. I get what you are saying about one and done but there are other things I need to correct first.

John,
I have never seen a matching set before in my searches. Where do i find them? Checked Google and Year One?
Thanks for all of the help this forum has provided me over the years! My car would not be where she is without everyones help!
Chris
Interior / Re: Need pix of rear window de...
Last post by RTSE440 - Today at 02:12:48 AM
I have both the 2 speakers mounted and the defogger all you need is the fan mounted to the side were the square hole is and to use a longer pipe make sure you remove some of the insulation under the parcel tray so it sucks air from the speaker hole and the dip down area to the left of the square hole works perfectly 
Here's what I use, I use greased metal sheets instead of the plastic for the turn plates.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/diy-wheel-alignment-new-tools-tested/
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:02:38 AM

What year car? What is the evaporator out of?
[/quote]

It's a generic unit I got off of E-bay.
[/quote]

You didn't form the aluminum and make the evaporator yourself? You didn't "do it all" ??
You see how stupid that you come across?
Keep digging the hole. You are only making yourself look cocky and arrogant.
If you'd stick to tech issues, you'd be far better off. Bragging  is never a good way to present yourself.
I'd admit to being impressed with your work but it is obvious that you are impressed enough for all of us here. Instead of bragging, you could have STARTED a thread and written in more detail and helped others.