News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

side view mirror question

Started by vick79, July 07, 2013, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vick79

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install a passenger side view mirror on my 70 charger RT (that has only factory driver side remote mirror option). I found one that's near identical to driver side but the housing appears "thick" or longer just around the far edge of the mirror, is this normal?
'70 Charger RT

Mopar Nut

Mine is the same way, it's because the mirror moves inside and not the whole housing.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

Does it look like this one?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

vick79

Yes passenger side looks like thick that.

My driver side remote mirror is thinner around the far edge, as you mentioned, the glass edge almost goes past the housing. Ill take a pic when i get home.
'70 Charger RT

vick79

'70 Charger RT

charger Downunder

Yep normal need the angle to see down the side.
[/quote]

Dino

Yep that's how it's supposed to be.  I still didn't put one on mine and although I don't miss it much I should get one of those.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

vick79

thats so strange, ive never seen a passenger side mirror close enough to tell they were so different!

thanks for the help guys!

'70 Charger RT

maxwellwedge

I always thought a standard drivers side (non remote) should be the same as the optional passenger side. I have never compared a non-remote to a remote to see the difference. I'll check the parts book.......

Looks like 2802710

vick79

'70 Charger RT

maxwellwedge

That is a casting number on the mirror....not a part number....crazy - but that's how they did it.