News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cleaning up wiring and hoses

Started by BrugeeRT, June 20, 2019, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

Just wondering what other people use to clean up old wiring harnesses and vacuum hoses.   The wiring harness look good and pretty solid but have dirt and overspray on them.   I don't like having everything else looking nice and painted but then old looking wiring.  Neverdull the cotton in a can used for chrome actually does a good job removing the overspray and dirt but makes the wiring look dull.   Any ideas out there?
Mark

BLK 68 R/T

Re-wrap the harness with non adhesive vinyl tape.

histoy

I wipe them off by using lacquer thinner on a rag, then I wipe them down with a vinyl or rubber protectorant to restore their shine.

Mopar Nut

Old wiring is not worth cleaning, replace with new from Yearone. You don't want 50 year old wiring, they're fire hazards.

:Twocents:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gtx6970

Quote from: histoy on June 21, 2019, 07:02:09 AM
I wipe them off by using lacquer thinner on a rag, then I wipe them down with a vinyl or rubber protectorant to restore their shine.

This