News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: 1969 charger fender tag co...
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 06:27:13 PM
Posting a pic of the tag you found online with one (or both) of those codes would be a good place to start.  That will give us some context.

There are several members here who can help.
Aero Cars / Re: Broadcast Sheet Code Excep...
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 06:21:15 PM
Hi Bob,

I'll have to do more digging to find the answer (if it's in my paperwork anyway).

I'd be only guessing otherwise. 

:cheers:
Aero Cars / Re: Daytona XX29L9B383263 -V2-...
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 06:18:39 PM
Not sure
Quote from: RallyeMike on Yesterday at 07:43:57 PMLooks like a really solid car.

I wonder what the fender tag code is for a green 727?

I'm not sure of the green reference - Fender tag and Broadcast Sheet both state V2 Hemi Orange...

Did I miss the reference here?
 :shruggy:

Agree that this is a solid car with some good documentation to go with it. 
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by 426HemiChick - Today at 04:04:08 PM
09 May 2024

To us, it's a matter of what one likes and wants. The newer stuff with all the modern electronics are good for as long as those electronics have replacements available. Once that dries up, the car becomes a host for scavenging usable parts. Our 2000 Ford interceptor is a good example, still scrounging new parts. This is getting expensive. We want the car so we are willing to fork over what it takes. Like everything, there is a limit, just haven't reached it yet.

Best Always
426 HC's
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by b5blue - Today at 03:38:54 PM
"US against the electrics" WTF is that?  :shruggy: Explain please? 
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 03:02:59 PM
There is a member of the forum, screen name BDF if I recall...He has a green 69 Charger with a white vinyl top. Nice guy, name of Brent.
He used to post a LOT with pictures of his car out on the road. This is a valuable car yet Brent was out driving it around, enjoying it and exposing the car to what could be new enthusiasts.
When I'm out in mine, people that have only seen the cars in movies and magazines get to see them for real. To me, that is a way of sharing the history. Yeah, I'm at risk of a total loss and that would be tragic, I'll admit. I don't live by the theme of being worried about the negative outcomes, I live in the moment and try to stay positive.
I love knowing that someone gets to go to their friends and tell them they just saw a shiny red Charger out on the road. I know that when I'm in my daily driver late models that I love to see classics out being driven. I don't care if it is even a Ford or an Import. Nowadays it is US against the electrics so I'm happy to see any classic out on the road being driven.
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:50:19 PM
You have been an active member of the forum so you have my respect. I remember some of your posts and the stuff you have done. It does sadden me sometimes to see people fall into the mindset that their cars are too valuable to drive.
Some might be but it is sad to me because for me, driving them is where their value is.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by b5blue - Today at 11:05:31 AM
I agree, just as the value depends on the "feelings" of the buyer. My 70 Charger was made when I was 15 and when I bought it I was 40. While rough after years of drag racing enough was there to put it in service. Many cars are not really serviceable long term without parts. Parts that fail tend to fail for all of the same type so used parts are all failed for repair use. (Our Chargers are rather simple still.)  :scratchchin:
Last post by lloyd3 - Today at 10:47:39 AM
KD: I'm making myself sound more-civilized than I am in truth.  When I get exercised about something (or if I'm just feeling a bit cocky) I have been known to pulverize the occasional Prius and even do smokey burnouts and hard-launches just to smell the tire smoke and remember my roots. The bald back tires on my car are a testament to my weakness in that regard.

It sounds like there is a shortage of mothers here.
Charger Discussion / Re: Chargers in the background...
Last post by tan top - Today at 07:50:05 AM
:scope:  :yesnod:  two screen shots from G WILLIAM  JONES FILM & VIDEO ARCHIVE AT SMU on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFQ_0wMyT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTHNO5sypw

Screenshot 246 (2).jpgrsz_screenshot_242.jpg