News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have pics of wiring harness routing on a 68

Started by 68ChargerJMP, April 12, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

My 68 has been torn down so long, I cant remember when it had wires, much less where they were routed. Any good pics or diagrams floating around of how they were done? I can probably make it work without it, but I thought it would be helpful to have a visual when I start. I searched and didn't run across any. I am about to turn the corner on a long drawn out deconstruction/resto. I finally get to start bolting parts back on. Wiring harnesses among many other things are ready, I just need to finish welding in the leaf spring sliders and trim out my engine compartment first. Thanks guys.

Dino

I don't have any pictures or diagrams but it's pretty straightforward really. From the rear to the front, all the wiring runs down the driver side sill. In the driver side kickpanel you hook up the rear wiring wit the front and with the steering column wiring. The underhood wiring all runs either over the driver side inner fender or over the passenger side of the engine block. The dash wiring can only go in one way. Your instrument panel is on the left and the fuse box is on the right. Lay out all your wiring on the ground first so you can see how they all hook up to each other before you put it in the car.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68ChargerJMP

Thanks. Does the rear harness just run up beside the wheel well into the trunk area?  Also, on my dash harness I have a long yellow wire that is spliced/tee'd to another yellow wire. What is this for? Its all factory as it hasn't been hacked on at all.  Thanks.

Dino

I think my trunk wiring runs along the wheel well. There are tabs in the trunk I think to hold the wiring. I haven't looked at it in a while!

The yellow wire may be the one that splices to the bulkhead connector. Did you download the electrical diagrams from mymopar.com?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68ChargerJMP

Staxbro

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on April 13, 2017, 08:58:06 AM
Thanks. Does the rear harness just run up beside the wheel well into the trunk area?  Also, on my dash harness I have a long yellow wire that is spliced/tee'd to another yellow wire. What is this for? Its all factory as it hasn't been hacked on at all.  Thanks.

Hi there. The long yellow wire with the splice is the ground wire from the 2 door jamb switches to ground the dome lamp/panel lamp switch connector. The one which goes to the passenger side is pretty long and goes way past the fuse box wire harness on its own.
The only other yellow wire in the dash harness is a short one which run to the bulkhead connector from the ignition switch (Starter).