News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I guess it's easier to LOCK threads than deal with the PROBLEMs ?

Started by Challenger340, May 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

the over reaction about the lockdown/quarantine/virus is just like the over reaction after the 9/11. As I said and not just once, I have to pass same safety controls at a local airport in southamerica to make a local flight than traveling to USA, but the attacks were in USA, so, why I have to be on that position If I'm not going to USA ?. Well, is the same than this lockdown. You see how things change depending on the perpective and point of view ?

That's what I posted about think on the differences between Texas and NY ( state, not city ), like the comparision being made between Spain and Texas. But then compare USA and China. We are all on the same boat, but not everybody reachs the lifeboats ( think on the Titanic and who got saved, 1st class ppl, mostly )

That's the only I have being discussing since the begining. Everything changes depending on where you are and you have to be open minded to accept the rest of stages and situations around the world. You can't be selfish and need to be empathic.

The first reaction will be and must be STOP EVERYBODY.... then analize and react according to the different situation in the world, but is a need to stop first to make the analysis. And thats was late to many countries, including Spain, Italy, USA, UK... but why ? because even we knew the problem in China, we never thought the virus was to be spreaded so fast, even less after the MERS or SARS experiencies, which never got spreaded because the way viruses acts are diff. Around 2 weeks being pasive in your body untill get the simpthoms ( if you ever do ). That's what COVID-19 is, somehow like a troyan virus, something the MERS, SARS, EBOLA weren't when they appeared.

Even in China, the lockdown was balanced according to the cases. Not every city or region in China got the lockdown like it was on Wuhan region.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Now, Europe is trying to get fast into the "back to normal" stage... what kind of normality ? If I'm gonna get a normality but with limits preffer to be in a full lockdown maybe one month more untill be sure will get a REAL normal stage. I don't want to be in a beach with ropes on wood poles around marking limits to where I must be, or maybe a turn ticket to get into the water. I don't want to drink a beer on a bar with a plastic screen in front of me... that's not normal!!! is a false normality.

You can't push the situation just because we need to open the shops with the risk of a second virus wave which could make longer the lockdown later. More bussines can get bankrupts in the way if by mistake we push this just trying to speed up the "normality" and a second wave floats on.

Damn, after all this sacrifice, preffer hold it couple of weeks or a month more and be in a normal stage for real.

today is the 75th Aniversary of the WWII end in Europe... If we survived to 5 years of destruction and Europe ( and the world ) raised up after that, we can hold this a bit more of 3 or 4 months being just rational and not passional by politics or economics reasons.

on a Car related comparision: You can't wax and buff out your paint and clear finish until gets dried and hardened. So just wait the process and time to wax and buff propperly.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

greycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 07, 2020, 07:35:56 PM
Watch who you alienate. It could become a problem for you.

Name calling, condescension, and threats are not appropriate. 

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 07, 2020, 06:33:00 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 06, 2020, 01:35:22 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on May 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM
Along comes some A-Hole(and I don't use the term lightly)....  and he turns my thread into a POLITICAL FARCE by posting up POLITICAL memes....

Ya gotta realize that the individual(s) never had an original thought in their entire lives, all they can do is parrot the party line and the party line conflicts with the gist of your thread.
Original thought...
Listen up Lipshiz, I was a denier of this from the start. My words have been from the heart as I see things.

Funny how 100% of your words follow the party line 100%.

To prove your point, I suggest you spend more time in jammed public places with no mask, kiss everybody you meet, lick every door knob, shake every hand to show your resolve.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mel t

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 08, 2020, 12:47:49 PM
To prove your point, I suggest you spend more time in jammed public places with no mask, kiss everybody you meet, lick every door knob, shake every hand to show your resolve.

Nah, I don't hang out in gay bars as you are apt to do. I have no interest in man to man sex.
That is your thing, man....not mine.

Kern Dog

Party line or not, my opinions and actions make sense to me.

Americans.... We don't like being told what to do. We have a constitution that lays out our freedoms and limitations on government control. Anyone that takes the time to read the amendments would be pissed to see what these asshole politicians are doing to us. It is not legal to quarantine healthy people, are you aware of that?
I see idiots wearing masks while driving alone. I see jerkoffs wearing gloves all day...the same pair. None of this makes sense. The politicians and the CDC are clowns. The information is back and forth so often, its as if they are throwing darts at a wall in terms of decision making. This whole event truly shows that all governments are clueless and basically worthless to many of us  in a dire emergency...,YET another reason to NOT rely on them for anything unless you have no other choice. It is rarely the smart and productive that look to the government for help except when that same government bends you over by closing your small business but allows the BIG stores to remain open. You think a virus (REAL or imagined) knows the difference between Costco or Ma and Pa's corner store? IF it is real, it will get you anywhere.
This is very much a left VS right issue. Politico ran an article on how the left is far more likely to follow the governments suggestions to shelter in place and wear masks while the right is more resistant and unwilling to accept the mandates or restrictions. I agree with their findings.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 08, 2020, 04:50:09 PM

Party line or not, my opinions and actions make sense to me.

I doubt it. More likely scenario is when you heard your man-god call the virus a Democratic hoax, you had your mind set and marching orders.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Troy

I locked it. I don't have the time these days to follow every idiotic post in real time. If I could trust adults to have grown up conversations there would be no need to declare politics off limits. However, since I can't, why don't you all help me out and just avoid riling up the children? Like it or not, this is a political topic.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.