News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moving to san antonio

Started by Bens340, May 04, 2017, 08:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bens340

So im going to be moving out to san antonio from new england (plainville, mass) the very end of the month. Unfortunatly i wont be dragging my charger out right away, probably go back for it after a few months or so once we get settled. Whats the charger scene like down there? Alot of you fellas out cruising around raising hell or what? Looking forward to the move, hell ive never even been to texas so it should be fun!
73' charger 340 rallye

lukedukem

Does your car have A/C, cause it gets hot as shit down here. Lol
I'm not from San Antonio so I can't tell you what the scene looks like. But I know there are some guys on here that are from there.
Welcome to Texas

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bens340

Haha nope no a/c, guess ill just have to get used to sweatin my ass off
73' charger 340 rallye

ralley72

I got to spend 12 weeks there last summer ( 2016) in the Schertz area,  Didn't see any Mopars at all. It gets hot, real hot. There is the river walk, the Alamo and you can go up to New Braunfels  area, its nice.
Good Luck

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

ElDoradoCuda

Welcome!  I moved to Austin from California after only seeing it during the job interview.  The weather takes some getting used to, the drivers are crazy, and the bugs are big, but the people are great (when they are not driving), and there is a surprising amount of nice scenery to explore in Central Texas.  As far as Mopars go I'm just now getting back into it so I'm curious to see what locals might respond to your thread.  I don't know anyone else yet.  There are a few hot Mopars that I see from time to time on the road.  A yellow Challenger R/T clone, a very nice Blue 70 Road Runner, and a few others.  There are a lot of good car meets here and in San Antonio.  Enjoy!

Dans 68

I picked up my red '68 in San Antonio a few years back. The owner was going to restore another mopar so there are more than a few in the area. Enjoy the hot.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

68X426

Contact these folks: http://www.moparmuscleclub-sa.org/

Mopar Muscle of San Antonio.  They actually have regular meetings and cruises.  Lots of numbers to call, see the list on their "contact us" page.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TexasStroker

San Antonio has a decent Mopar scene...it is likely the shows in smaller, surrounding towns you will like the most.  You should pass right thru Boerne on the way down, which is where the old Dodge Charger Registry meets were.  Their big show is usually in October at a local dealer.  The late model guys are pretty active too.

It does get hot in the summer and it is way more humid than up here in Amarillo.  You are also within driving range of events in Dallas, Houston, and especially Austin.  Lots of clubs in the area cruise the Hill Country and hit wineries etc...You can send everyone back home a post card from Luckenbach, haha.

If you wind up in the Amarillo area coming/going just let me know.

Enjoy the move and welcome to Texas!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Bens340

Thanks for all the info guys, more and more to look forward to everyday
73' charger 340 rallye

ACUDANUT

Hope you speak Spanish.  :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ralley72 on May 04, 2017, 09:32:49 PM
I got to spend 12 weeks there last summer ( 2016) in the Schertz area,  Didn't see any Mopars at all. It gets hot, real hot. There is the river walk, the Alamo and you can go up to New Braunfels  area, its nice.
Good Luck

Mike

And you didn't go to Schlitterbahn?

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/new-braunfels

daveco

Expect to be amazed by the near total lack of rust on Texas cars. Even after the sun burns the paint off.
R/Tree

ElDoradoCuda

Well... the West Texas cars are great, the Central Texas cars are ok, and cars east of I35 are crazy bad as far as rust goes.

TexasStroker

Quote from: ElDoradoCuda on May 05, 2017, 02:56:24 PM
Well... the West Texas cars are great, the Central Texas cars are ok, and cars east of I35 are crazy bad as far as rust goes.

Yep, lol!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

jeepers007

'Within Driving distance' in Texas is completely different than New England... Lol..

Add A/C to your ride.  You'll enjoy it so much more...

Mytur Binsdirti

1969 R/T SE

I know of a couple of mopar guys down on the Houston area, I recommend you cruse down to the Hemi hideout
:cheers: :cheers:

polywideblock

Quote from: Bens340 on May 04, 2017, 09:21:17 PM
Haha nope no a/c, guess ill just have to get used to sweatin my ass off
just use "aussie air cond " roll all the windows down and don't drop below 40  ;)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Bens340

Well ive been here in the san antonio area (bexar county) for 3 weeks now. Made the drive out here safe and sound but i am deffinatly missing my charger which i had to leave back in massachusetts for now. It is HOT down here. Im hoping to get my car down here in the spring but since it didnt come factory with a/c im thinking itll be a "winter" cruiser or a night time prowler. I work at a local shop and people bring in their old cars and obviously everything has working a/c. Its a different life down here thats for damn sure.
73' charger 340 rallye

Bens340

Damn... Ive been doing it wrong. :eek2:
73' charger 340 rallye

VegasCharger

ralley72

Looks like I might be heading back there again in August or September.  :brickwall: The company I work for just picked up 3 more projects there and only have 1 person to cover one of them, so I'm probably getting volunteered.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

RCCDrew

I'm in corpus, about 120 miles away. There's a good local car show every weekend in Buda, at the Cabelas, not far from you. I go to San Antonio a lot, so I have some suggestions. Yes, it's hot, but in the winter we rarely freeze, and I've never seen a salt or plow truck. It's hot through august , but after that the rest of the year is awesome.
Try Schlitterbahn, tubing on the frio or comal rivers.  Climb Enchanted rock, garner state park. I don't know if you have a family, but if you do try natural bridge caverns and wildlife ranch. Go to the snake farm. There's tons to do!