News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Sbird69 on Today at 04:54:22 AMTell you what.    You will never see me logged into this site again.

I'm gone.
Sbird69

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/53e6e5d2-6f00-47c5-83ec-31d470eb47f1

:hah:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by Todd Wilson - Today at 04:06:44 PM
 :popcrn:
Charger Discussion / Re: Sad News. Rene passed awa...
Last post by moparstuart - Today at 03:40:42 PM
IMG_2591.jpeg
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:17:21 PM
That is great!
I like to hear of guys of all ages digging in and getting things done.
When I bought my first one, I planned to do most of the work myself. I was disappointed in the responses I got from other Mopar owners that I spoke with at car shows. Too many guys farmed out the work on their car and they didn't know much about the details.
Bob the builder rebuilt the engine...Tony the Transmission guy built the 727, Disc Brake Jake installed the brakes, Dan PanelBammer did the bodywork, Jude the suspension dude rebuilt the front end, etc.
I wanted to talk with guys that did the work themselves. I had a Camaro that was set up for cornering and I wanted the same for the Charger.

000 E.JPG

Very few guys did all the work on their cars. I'd rather see an imperfect car with the owners handprints on it than a perfect restoration owned by a guy with clean, soft hands. 
I've had the same problem.  Randomly goes to the floor, and pumps right up.  First with power disc brakes.  Converted to manual discs and new master.  Same.  Replaced master.  Same.  Three bad masters in a row?  Same with alternators.  Right out of the box, I can see the diodes are cracked.  Three in a row right out of the box.  Can anything be made today that's at least half way decent?
'69 didn't have self adjusters on 11" brakes, so don't go by your FSM.  You'll have to use a later year.  A set of all the springs you'll need per end are $6 at RockAuto.  The pic you showed look like 10" drums.  11" are setup a little different.  Check out the '73 FSM chassis manual to see what I'm talking about.
https://mymopar.com/service-manuals/
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:50:53 PM
There are some people that feel that they are far more important than they really are.
I've learned that no matter how much a person contributes, a forum does not thrive or fail based on ONE member.
Having a huge post count seems to impress some people. In some ways it does mean that they were active but we have ALL known a person that talks a lot but rarely has anything interesting to say.
Maybe the OP expected the forum here to roll out a RED carpet and shower him with respect?
Nothing will get you a pushback as fast as demanding respect when nobody knows your name.
I know that when I hear of some altercation where a person says Don't you know who I am?...it makes me think the one saying that has an ego the size of Manhattan.
Last post by tan top - Today at 01:37:42 PM
Quote from: Sbird69 on Today at 04:54:22 AMTELL YOU WHAT,,,,,,,,

Tell you what.    You will never see me logged into this site again.
I will respectfully leave the posterity and history of our cars to all of you 5,000 plus 'post' experts.
It will not be my loss and I do not have enough years left on this earth to hang around the school playground.

You WIN Old Timer so you must be the expert,

I'm gone.
Sbird69

Hi Sbird69 , sorry to hear your going !
i'm sure i can say think all of us would of loved to hear about your back in the day stories & goings on when these cars we all love were new & or at the dealerships, &  also the mopars you have / had etc 
 you have miss understood the whole member thing
 but you got to do what you got to do !
:cheers: 
Garage Sale / Re: Twin Bed & Mattress - Extr...
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 01:28:09 PM
SOLD! :cheers:
Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 17, 2024, 12:33:32 AMOne would need to remove the existing shunt on the ammeter and install at least a 1 Megohm pot in series with the ammeter movement.

Maybe I'm not following your plan. You do realize that the ammeter is more than just a meter? The current that operates most of the car's electrical components flows through it...so putting a resistor in SERIES would lower the voltage going to those components and render them inoperable or damage them.