News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: Need help with my 1970 cha...
Last post by b5blue - Yesterday at 10:14:03 PM
 :shruggy: IDK but feel for him!
Charger Discussion / Re: '71 R/T for $5000 CDN ($3,...
Last post by doctor4766 - Yesterday at 09:58:39 PM
Excuse my ignorance on later models, but is that even a Charger VIN?
Last post by hemi-hampton - Yesterday at 08:35:22 PM
Quote from: b5blue on March 26, 2024, 09:18:29 PMPerfection sweating.  :scratchchin: I couldn't find anyone who would "just shoot" my 70. The guy I finally found just had to sand the crap out of it before shooting. (My 70 is just an old car to me I made that clear.)

Been waiting for original poster to reply, he's been in here since I asked my 2 questions but don't want to reply? why is that :shruggy:
Proven Engine Combos / Re: 541 factory block combo
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 06:14:05 PM
How do you get 541 cubes from a 440 block without a siamesed bore? How long is that stroke?
Is that a  .060 overbore and a 4.5 stroke?
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Old Mopars in the wild
Last post by Chris 69 - Yesterday at 05:30:53 PM
Late 60's Dodge pickups. Susanville, CA. 3/27/24
IMG_9381.JPGIMG_9383.JPG 
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Old Mopars in the wild
Last post by Chris 69 - Yesterday at 05:29:58 PM
1978 Dodge pickup. Redding, CA. 3/27/24
IMG_3276.JPGIMG_3269.JPG 
Cars Wanted / Re: 1969 charger 500
Last post by Michele - Yesterday at 02:24:42 PM
 :popcrn: Still looking :shruggy:
Alain platinum 442 4spd factory A/C
Last post by RallyeMike - Yesterday at 12:20:26 PM
You are always going to be well in the hole having a car restored for you, so forget about any $ upside.

I think we have all heard this story 100 times. If it was me, I would ask for an uninterrupted sit down meeting with the shop owner. Bring a friend with you who knows at least something about body and paint to help evaluate, or even pay someone from another shop for their time. Show him the bill that said "ready to paint", and ask him exactly what work, day by day, hour by hour, why now another $30k of work is needed to get to there... and then have him go over the car showing you item by item what needs to be done.   

Now get out the original estimate and ask him to explain the overage, again in detail. Tell him you are not satisfied and want the car in color ASAP. Ask him what steps can be cut at this point to get color on the car. Drag it out as long as possible and continue to repeat that you are not happy. You want to leave a lasting impression.

Then, you are at his mercy. 
Last post by Old Moparz - Yesterday at 08:18:47 AM
There is or was a member on here that I am pretty sure was in that area of CA. I cannot remember his username at the moment but he used to post all the time & did body & paint work. He was active for a long time until there were family issues going on with a piece of property that he owned. He also was posting about being offered a job with a well known shop.

Can anyone else remember his name?

Edit:  Just remembered & found his name, "Droptop" in Bakersfield, but he hasn't been on here since 2010. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=368

Maybe you can send him a private message & he will get an email notification. There's always a chance that he is still doing body & paint or can recommend a shop.
Paint, Body & Trim / Re: Extremely stiff door handl...
Last post by 70 sublime - Yesterday at 06:25:52 AM
I would think it is not the button part that is giving you grief but the mechanisim that the rods will have to pull to release the catch itself
The passenger door get used a lot less then the driver door
All the grease has dried out and just needs a little oil on it to make it happy again