News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl top or no vinyl?

Started by Silver R/T, March 20, 2010, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinyl or no vinyl

Vinyl
59 (56.7%)
No vinyl
45 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Dreamcar

If it's an RT with a vinyl top on the options tag, I'd keep it. Mine's a heavily optioned numbers matching 383 that had a top. Since I like the color combo (Q5/white top), I'm reinstalling it.

Other than that, keeping the top would be based on the type of build and what looks better.

With modern primers and the fact that these cars are basically fair weather cars only, I wouldn't be worrying about rust any more once the top is fixed and new vinyl installed.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

F8-4life

No vinyl.
Unless 3x black or a mod top.

Ghoste

Don't believe the Mod Top was available for Charger.

myk

Some cars look great with the vinyl and the right color setup.  Ultimately I prefer a car like a woman's body: naked, topless, etc...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Ah, but would you take her that way to an inaugural ball at the White House?

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 02, 2010, 06:17:23 PM
  I think the biggest problem with rust under the top was the roof not being painted and most chargers sat outside for 20 years which isn't likely to happen after they are rebuilt so I don't think a vinyl top is going to cause a rust out now.

I agree

Quote from: F8-4life on November 18, 2014, 09:25:06 AM
No vinyl.
Unless 3x black or a mod top.

I agree.  Not really a 3x black w/o the top on.

I have (3) 3rd gen rallye's.  The black one is the only one I will consider with a top. Not that the other two came with them.  Just typically not a fan of them.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

stripedelete

The original question is like asking if you would prefer a hot blonde or a hot brunette.  Who cares?  They're both hot.

Although, some lighter colors don't work so good on no-vynal, no-stripe, chargers.  The analogy here would be, marry the ugly daughter and you get the farm. :icon_smile_big:

polywideblock

I like them either way    with or without   :yesnod: 

what about the hot red head    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

stripedelete

Quote from: polywideblock on November 18, 2014, 12:10:26 PM
I like them either way    with or without   :yesnod: 

what about the hot red head    :scratchchin:

Red head would have gotten things off course.  We'll save her for a love-hate thread. (ie do you like B5 blue?)