News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - Today at 06:24:47 PM
I just came back from the store to buy some odds and ends to finish the install. I'll have everything up and running tomorrow and will let you know!
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Piece of headliner
Last post by Dino - Today at 06:10:05 PM
There's a sizeable hole above my driver side sun visor, courtesy of some rodent. If anyone has replaced, or is about to replace, their headliner and could send me a piece of the old one, that would be great! For a 69. Any color will do. Something about the size of a sun visor should do nicely. Not asking for free either. I'm in 49201.
68 taillight assemblies, nice original set. $250

69 lenses only, some broken bosses $60

68 early decklid. Absolutely zero rust, a few insignificant dents. $400

68 complete grill assembly- header, core support bracket, hood latch assembly, all vacuum and electric harnesses appear accounted for. Original condition, a few small fractures- $1600

Jacob 719-469-145 eight.
I am in southern Colorado. Will ship the small parts, pick up on the decklid and grill.
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by RTSE440 - Today at 12:38:39 AM
Quote from: Dino on May 07, 2024, 09:34:58 PMHa yeah they're definitely not a must. I bench tested the radio today, hooked up to a 5 channel amp and it sounds really good. I like the functions of it. Yeah the plastic thumbwheels are cheap but they look alright and work well.
I haven't figured out the volume control yet. I don't seem to be able to adjust it by holding it up or down and need to keep nudging it. Is that how yours is?
I should have everything installed tomorrow and will report back with the outcome.
Hey Dino how did you go with the radio whats the out come any good ?
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by 426HemiChick - Today at 12:36:24 AM
Hi Folks,            17 May 2024

Received some good news today, Vic, our Police Interceptor passed emissions, has a two year tag for her license. She won't need to be inspected again until May 2026.

We will head up to Chapman Ford, pick her up, drive her home for a short visit. We'll load her up with the parts for the last phase of her mechanical restoration. We have enough new parts to rebuild her front end at least three times. We are thinking of buying another Ford Police Interceptor and having it restored. I personally love these cars as they are roomy, solid on the highway, comfortable and are fast. Our Vic has been to 140 several times during chases.

Those chases were fun until I started noticing I had to air the tires everyday. Took the car back to NTB and had them tank them. All were leaking air through the tread. Tiny little bubbles all along the tread. Dismounted one tire and the inside of the tire was falling apart. All four exhibited the same problem. I paid $1K for each tire. I think they were Pirelli. Didn't make me happy, trashed them, put on a set of Michelin's and stopped chasing. The chase thing was one nut being chased by an even bigger one.

After seeing the inside of the tires, the enormity of my chasing hit me pretty hard. The damage I could have inflicted upon innocent persons was a wakeup call. If one is going to do stupid things, they should be done where no one other than the stupid actor is affected. Difficult to do so just don't do them.

Will keep you posted on the rest of her mechanical restoration.

Best Always
426 HC's
Quote from: John_Kunkel on Yesterday at 01:24:55 PM
Quote from: Bigun426 on Yesterday at 11:19:54 AMHave to pull the timing chain cover anyway cause i left the oil slinger off.

FWIW, the factory eliminated the slinger in the late seventies.

:iagree: on myy 440 I forgot it on the first refresh/"rebuild" and it didn't leak from the timing cover....
Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 15, 2024, 11:49:16 AMAs the valve is opened, the roller will swipe towards the rocker arm shaft. Check the roller contact position at full valve lift.

:iagree:

Quote from: marshallfry01 on May 16, 2024, 11:58:15 PMI would try to contact a member on here named "Challenger340." He would probably have an answer for you. Some of his builds have had TF heads.

:iagree: though I hope this conversation doesn't go behind closed doors.

I'm using the shorter S70015KE arms on my Trick Flow 240s. They do center better on the valve than the regular S70015K.

Some of them broke and I ended up replacing them with the longer regular Harland Sharps. Yeah, I have 14 short rockers and two longer ones. It seems to really only effect the roller position on the valve  :shruggy:

Charger Discussion / Build sheet and Window sticker
Last post by Charger jUNkiE - Yesterday at 03:00:34 PM
Just curious if anyone knows of a place that can re-create the window sticker and/or build sheet for a car?  At least the dealer where it was sold.  I was going to try and search the history of owners AKA title search.  A lot of websites claim they can do this and then they ask for money and go flakey.  I don't mind paying the money, just trying to avoid the flakey.  Not trying to prove anything with the car and documents.  Just curious of its history and where it might have been in its life.
Also be certain the rim of the pan is flat before installing. I've used Permitex RTV with a gasket.