News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MSD 7 box install with pics

Started by mikepmcs, July 09, 2006, 04:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

I did hook the ground directly to the battery as well as the +.  thanks and i'll post pics of my final install, but it's pretty clean thus far.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mefirst

Well if it did start and you didint get any smoke/flames then you managed to pull it off... -Congrats :cheers:

But I wonder what that black wire is and where it goes??? The black you hooked the brown and blue with... You should solder the connections, those connectors you used are poop..

..About the MSD Tech forum... Those MSD Tech guys don't seem to know anything else than Ford/Chevy stuff... :smash:

/Tom

mikepmcs

Tom
I agree about the MSD guys, I value anyone on this site way before i'd listen to them, they are short to say the very least!!, stand by for the sound bite.  I'm going out right now to take video of the install start.  IT'S ALIVE,  HAHAHAHAHA.

the black was the other side of the ballast.  I think we are ok.  At idle, it sounds like it's missing but you crack it and it responds like a mofo.  I had to take the 7mm coil off my dodge drivetrain winnie motorhome cause i'm still waiting on the right wires, so maybe that is the problem(still have the accel junk on there).

thanks so much.

oh yea, i will clean those connections up, don't worry, i was just impatient today.  I like to use shrinkwrap on everything but ran out.

v/r
Mikey
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Install complete. Ok I gotta clean up some stuff with solder and shrink but, IT'S ALIVE!

v/r
Mike
Thanks fellas or all the help so far. :boogie:

mikepmcs

more

dodge freak

Good job-that box is a little close to the alt. but it is fine. One day you might want to move it. Coil looks great-mines on the firewall-small block- so I could not get behind it, well if I took the heater box out I could. My box does not get very hot but maybe it cools off on the road. Thats why I said the trunk but its a major job, but can be done. I did not use the MSD wires, I used good copper wire and for the pick up on the dist I used speaker wire 14 G. -streetwire twisted wire left over from my amp install. Yeah, now you need some subwoofers and amps and lots of speakers so you can fly down the freeway with the windows all open and still hear OZZY playing away-its great, I don't even hear the rumble strips if I drift  on to the shoulders. The car shakes from the bass if I am stop at the light but when it turns green the motor takes over, I still hear the stereo fine just the motor you still can hear it, well if I turn up as loud as it goes it do it but I am too old-how these young punks can drive down the road when you can hear their radio 5 blocks away I don't know. Maybe they have ear plugs, I hope so.

mikepmcs

ok , here's the video . Albeit it sucks but you get the idea! :icon_smile_big:
crap no video, but it sounds GREAT!!!!!
v/r
Mike

Mefirst

firefighter3931

Geez, i missed this topic completely  :P

Nice install Mike !  Sounds like it's working well and you got some great advice on this thread  :yesnod: I'll agree with the others on the cheapo wires....stay away from the accel junk. The msd superconductors are top shelf and only have 50 ohms resistance per linear foot.  :thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 11, 2006, 09:07:24 AM
Geez, i missed this topic completely  :P

Nice install Mike !  Sounds like it's working well and you got some great advice on this thread  :yesnod: I'll agree with the others on the cheapo wires....stay away from the accel junk. The msd superconductors are top shelf and only have 50 ohms resistance per linear foot.  :thumbs:

Ron

Ron
Thanks, it sounds great!  I can't upload the video cause I ain't smart enough but it turned out ok and wasn't too hard at all.  About a 6, ok 8 beer job. :icon_smile_big:

I have the exact wires you are talking about coming from summit, should be here tomorrow.  Carb should be here today. :boogie: :boogie:

thanks guys for all your help, you definitely made a difference in this install making it very simple.  this is the greatest place in the world and hope it never goes away.
v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 11, 2006, 12:38:37 PM
figured out the video, here's the link.  the car was already warmed up.

http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=255D8CAD-26F4-4326-98D2-E

v/r
Mike

Your car revs up fast, sounded wicked,  is that a 383 or 440?  must be fast

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mikepmcs

Thank you, not fast enough yet.  New cam and stuff going in soon.  3.91's waiting in the wings, as well as, a rebuilt tranny from Jamey(RD).
Check out this thread, I just ordered more stuff.  I'll do a comprehensive with more video when it's done. 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26028.msg288871.html#msg288871

Thanks for the nice compliment though.

v/r
Mike