News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

seat knobs

Started by Paul 500, July 06, 2006, 07:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

I thought i'd check to make sure i had both the seat knobs on my 68 charger ( as i was selling the spare ones) & found they were different to the 69 ones.
The 68 one is the small one, they look like factory but i've never seen them before, are the correct for a 68 ?
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

19Charger68

The large one look like the ones on my 68 that release the seatback.
Bruce

JimShine

My January 1968 build Charger has the small ones. My '69 has the larger style with a set screw. I had a '68 loose seat with the larger style that was a hybrid of the two, it was large like the ones in the '69, but did not use a set screw like the small style.

8WHEELER

This is another subject that is not any set thing. All of the 68's I have had, have had the larger knob that has a small
clip inside like the one in your picture. I have seen a few 68's that had the smaller knob, now did the come that way?
had they been replaced over the years?  I could not tell you, but I see the smaller units mostly on A-Bodys and older
cars than 68's. But like I said, I have seen a few small ones on 68's, but most all have been the larger unit.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

JimShine

I am 100% positive my seat knobs have not been replaced. The interior in my car was absolutely untouched as further backed up by all of the previous owners (including the original owner that owned it until the early 90's).

RAWPWR

my 68's have had the small ones
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

Paul 500

Thanks for your answers
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

8WHEELER

Quote from: JimShine on July 06, 2006, 03:45:08 PM
I am 100% positive my seat knobs have not been replaced. The interior in my car was absolutely untouched as further backed up by all of the previous owners (including the original owner that owned it until the early 90's).

Like I said, I have seen some 68's with the smaller units, did you think I was calling you a liar........................... no  :angel:

Right now I have a October, December and May built 68 Chargers, I pulled the original int out of all of them 100% positive
they were original. All of them had the larger units like above, no set screw. These are mopars we are talking about, you
can never say never..........................................

Dan

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

JimShine

Oh, I know you were not calling me a liar. I was just addressing this part of your comment:

"I have seen a few 68's that had the smaller knob, now did the come that way?
had they been replaced over the years?"