News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this Charger?

Started by Heli143, August 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heli143

Hi guys,
I may be grabbing at straws here but I figured it was worth a try.
I am trying to locate my original 69 Charger R/T. I joined the Army in 1975 and left it with my brother (who has since been disowned LOL). He went and traded it to a used car dealer for a 340 duster.  :'(
the dealer was then located on Sunrise Highway, East Islip, NY (Long Island).

It was Dark Green with black vinyl top, black interior, 440 6 pack, four speed, Dana 60 rear.

I am hoping that MAYBE someone on here will know something or possible point me in the right direction to look for it.
I REALLY want my car back!!

I only have one picture of it, and not a good one I might say, as my ex emptied the house when she left.
I tried NY DMV and they tried to locate it but said the records were destroyed already due to being too old.

Thanks in advance!!

myk

Someone traded a '69 Charger R/T with a 6 pack, 4 speed, and a Dana rear for a 340 Duster (no offense to Duster owners).  Now I've heard everything, folks.

Are you sure you don't have a copy of the VIN number anywhere?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tan top

hello & welcome  :cheers:  

good luck in your search  , think its going to be very difficult with out a vin number !  hope i'm wrong ,
& someone remembers it   , love the back in the day picture  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

JB400

Chargerguy74

A '69 Charger R/T 440 6 pack.....hmmmm....that one's going to be EXTREMELY tough.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Heli143

Hey Mik, you did notice I disowned him LOL

Yes, missing the VIN is making this search very difficult but I have to try  :brickwall:
I go from angry to sad to hopeful in this case, but I just cant let it go...

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully this movie will have a happy ending.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Heli143 on August 23, 2013, 06:35:35 AM
Hey Mik, you did notice I disowned him LOL

Yes, missing the VIN is making this search very difficult but I have to try  :brickwall:
I go from angry to sad to hopeful in this case, but I just cant let it go...

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully this movie will have a happy ending.

u trying to get her back? its probably worth some bucko bucks now lol.....

GOTWING

Dont give up, i did not have my vin saved either and 23 years later i found my first car ( 73 charger ) and got it back!  it was a 318 S/E pale green model originally, i had known it was painted FJ5 and had a early 340 installed in it that made it a little easier i guess.

JB400

If you can't find his exact car, a nice tribute car could be a close 2nd.  Plenty of green/black R/T's that in which a 6 pack could be bolted onto. :popcrn:

Heli143

yep, I want her back. I have prepared myself for the cost of repatriation LOL
and to think I paid only $2400 when I got her in 1970.

Gotwing, happy to hear it worked out for you. Hope I have the same luck. A buddy told me there is a site where you can reconstruct a VIN number, but I would imagine there would be some info missing if one doesnt have the date and location of build, etc.

I have also prepared myself, as Stroker said, for a tribute car. Actually found a white 69 parked behind an abandoned house down the street. When my son moved near us, we went there with the intention of getting it somehow but it was gone.

Wicked72

i would contact your dmv and see if its still in your records of last ownership. you could also check insurance records. one last thing i would do is contact the state police and get their number to the department that handles vehicle theft and look ups, they might the info your looking for. its been a long long time but its worth a try to get that vin. ill contact one of the state police i worked with to get my car checked out since i dont have a title and see what he says.

Heli143

Hi wicked72,
without the VIN the DMV couldn't trace it.
They tried searching registrations under my name but the records are too old and have been destroyed.
I cannot remember what insurance I had back then.

Thanks for trying to help me out with the SP.

I have one last resort to get the VIN.
My brother's ex may have some paperwork from back then so I will check with her IF she's nice enough to even try. ::)

Wicked72

I have yet to hear back for my buddy from MSP. what im hoping is he could use your full name and last address you owned the car at. he currently running an investigation from what i hear so it may take some time to see what he says. He does a completely different search then what the dmv has access to and normal state police, the division he runs is specific to autos and he has access to info from everywhere. if its ok with you pm me your full name and last address it was at and ill email it to him. 

Heli143

Wow, what an awesome act of kindness!!  Thank you bud, many times over!!

Sent you my info via PM.

Heli143

Bumping this to the top in case there are new folks on here who have not seen this older post. Still hoping someone will see this post that knows something  :'(

Still looking for my Charger (remind me to kick my brother's butt for getting rid of it while I was in Army basic training LOL)

dual fours

[
Quote from: Chargerguy74 on August 23, 2013, 12:51:31 AM
A '69 Charger R/T 440 6 pack.....hmmmm....that one's going to be EXTREMELY tough.
:popcrn:
Will be a fun hunt for some people. Better try to find the VIN first some how, insurance co., bank lone, brother's X.
Six Packs are cool.
Any chance someone can enlarge that photo an pick up the license plate? just another clue.
Any chance the car has traction bars on?
Nice car, nice burn out.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ghoste

Without that VIN its a nearly impossible task.

Y1CHARGER

With out the VIN how would you know it is your old car 40yrs later?  They only made 3,605 4spds.  You might as well just look for what you had, 69 RT with the same color combo, interior configuration and a 4spd. 

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ACUDANUT

You have better odds finding a Virgin in a Whore House, than finding the same car, without the VIN.  Good luck to you Sir. :cheers:

Heli143

thanks for the well wishes and crossed fingers ;D

dual fours, I have tried all that including the ex, but nothing  :brickwall:
As for the LP, I was able to blow it up and sent it to the NY DMV. They said those records are gone...
Yes, it had the bolt on traction bars. the burnout in the pic was the second one as you can see in the pic. Funny thing is the Police precint was right across the street, but they all knew my mom from the grocery store where she sold puerto rican food and they loved her cooking LOL... so no response... but they knew ...

Y1CHARGER, you're probably right, but there is always that chance that it ended up sitting in someone's yard for a while in original condition. My chances are almost like trying to hit the lottery but I have to try. I already found one that is identical, but he's not giving it up and it wasn't mine.

6spd68, I actually found a virgin in a whorehouse while living in Germany... or she fooled me LOL

thanks again guys, I may eventually give up but right now it's all I think about. Lots of memories in that car.

ncmrer

Without VIN it's nearly impossible, but hope you can find it. May be Dodge can help somehow? In 2010 GM helped find an old Chevrolet and gave it to the owner. This was done at the LA Auto Show.

A6USMC

I did a little calling around and looking on the internet, and here is what I found, the dealership that took over in 2012 is Atlantic Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram. The former dealership was Herbee Dodge. The woman I spoke to said all the records are in storage. I asked if they would help you, and she thought so, and said give a call and try speaking with one of the salesmen. Who knows, if you don't find any info on the car, you may find a lead. their # is 855-248-2025  Good Luck,,Brian

Heli143

Thank you Brian!!!!!!!

It's a shot!  sometimes those tend to land right on target.

I will call today.