News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Look at the spring kit from Rockauto. I bought all my self adjuster kit from them.
Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by timmycharger - Today at 10:42:42 AM
Wow what a strange thread indeed. I'm sure he had some good info to share but who actually cares about a title on an internet forum? Reminds me of some the fools that come up to me at car shows, making sure they tell me how much they know and they used to work on them when new.. Usually those guys also tell me about how fast their 383 hemi six pack was  :smilielol:
I am in the same position as you. And am very interested in the responses you get
The aero board is usually where I spend all of my time and it's coming back to bite me now. I took a quick look through here and didn't find a comprehensive list. Not even sure what key words would pull up the best search results. I'm sure the information is here and would appreciate links to whatever might be helpful. Was actually surprised something wasn't pinned to the top.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best source(s) for ordering the suspension and steering stuff for my car. There seems to be a lot of redundancy if buying a complete/master kit and even then, it looks like some stuff is left out. I'll also be chasing brake hardware, engine/trans mounts, shocks, and everything else that's worn out after fifty'five years. I intend to drive the car but am not necessarily looking to veer away from original type stuff. I'm finally ready to start tearing the assemblies apart to refinish and rebuild them, and welcome any input.

320715498_951394109578596_3390988165655673869_n.jpg

320852603_688401896214966_66442918370412565_n.jpg 
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by taxspeaker - Today at 08:42:30 AM
OK I'll play too. I've (not we, not others, not paid for, but me) done the following in last year. I keep meticulous notes of what I do or have others do and only listed what I did personally.

69 Daytona-clutch, PP and reinstalled tranny with help holding it up (I am 71 years old)

70 Black Ice Bird-complete brake job, replaced emergency brake kick mechanism, replaced steering gear & pitman arm, replaced steering wheel, replaced pinion seal and rear axle seals, replaced instrument panel that I had rebuilt by Steve Cutler, installed correct relays for fans, fogs & fuel pump,

70 Orange Bird: replaced engine wiring harness, numerous minor things-points, plugs, wires, bulbs, etc.

70 Red Bird: traced bad backup light harness & replaced, replaced leaking gas tank after sealing did not work, replaced incorrect front caliper with correct one after rebuilding myself, removed Pertronix and went back top points
Last post by held1823 - Today at 08:21:05 AM
I bet he's the life of any party. Allen V. offered him the build sheet for one of his cars for free years ago and he was less than enthused about reuniting it with the car. Not sure that he ever did.

It took this thread for me to even look at what my title says. I feel almost special now.
Quote from: Sbird69 on Today at 04:54:22 AMTELL YOU WHAT,,,,,,,,

Tell you what.    You will never see me logged into this site again.
I will respectfully leave the posterity and history of our cars to all of you 5,000 plus 'post' experts.
It will not be my loss and I do not have enough years left on this earth to hang around the school playground.

You WIN Old Timer so you must be the expert,

I'm gone.
Sbird69

Its not based on what you say you know. its based on what your participation says you know.
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 07:55:29 AM
This thread reminds me of that scene in American Psycho where all the VP's are sitting around comparing their business cards trying to outdo each other.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXFs5ihUt4
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by 69hemibeep - Today at 07:44:24 AM
Hmm lets see. Replaced the 4 speed in my AMX yesterday. Back to installing the side glass on the Charger project followed by getting the motor home Road runner and trailer ready for the upcoming Route 66 show in Williams AZ then back to the Charger project. I'm sure I am forgetting something. Oh put the transfer case back into the Jeep.20240406_155059.jpg
Hi All.
I have a 69 Charger R/T with 11" manual brakes with manual adjusters. I am converting to automatic adjusters. Per the FSM it shows a small dia. spring that runs from front shoe to rear shoe. Is this spring available anywhere? I have been unable to find any of these springs. I have attached a photo to illustrate the spring I'm searching for.