News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Friends black '69 Hemi Charger, edit 11-25-13 px from Saturday

Started by 472 R/T SE, November 22, 2013, 05:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Well my buddy Tom scored another beauty.  I don't know anything about it but will tomorrow.  We're going out to his place.

Only thing I don't like is the pistol grip.  Not a fan of it being in something before '70 when it's a stock lookin' resto.  No "REVERSE" light on the dash along with A/C so it's a tribute car.

And yes Ghoste, I collect any & all VINs that correlate with a Registry.

Ghoste

472 R/T SE

If I wasn't all messed up I'd think serious about doing some trading.

'70 is my favorite year but I like all years.  As a matter of fact I like several "other" brands' as well.  I won't ever be pigeon holed into one model, one year yada yada.

For 2 decades I wanted a purple '70 Charger.  Now that I finally have one, it's like meh, I really like that 'cuda or that Challenger or that GTX.
I wonder if anyone else is like that?

Ghoste

To one degree or another I think many (most?) of us are.  I clearly have a favorite but if money were no object I would have a diverse collection. :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1974dodgecharger

Bob T

Nice, he'll be having a lot of fun with a Hemi 4 speed  :2thumbs:
Same about the pistol grip pre 70, it really bugs me, a mates GL has the same treatment and I always bag him about it  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 22, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
If I wasn't all messed up I'd think serious about doing some trading.

'70 is my favorite year but I like all years.  As a matter of fact I like several "other" brands' as well.  I won't ever be pigeon holed into one model, one year yada yada.

For 2 decades I wanted a purple '70 Charger.  Now that I finally have one, it's like meh, I really like that 'cuda or that Challenger or that GTX.
I wonder if anyone else is like that?

If money AND space were no object I'd put Leno's collection to shame.  And yes, I'd even have Japanese, 'Euro, whatever in that collection as well...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

hemihead

I'd have a Mopar only collection .I was a Mopar owner at 14 in 1977 back when Mopar wasn't cool and worth big dollars  . Mopar is the only thing in my world . Why own second best ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

Mine would be Mopar centric and very Charger focused as well but I would add a few others in there.  Some Pontiacs, a couple of Olds`and a Ford or two.  Even some bowtie cars.  But they would be outnumberd by the Pentastar products.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

firefighter3931

Very nice car and i luv the triple black with a red tail stripe !  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69_500

Is this the car that was for sale on eBay not too long ago? Looks like car you could hop into and just enjoy.

472 R/T SE

The ol' boy he bought it from has had it a few years.  He bought it @ a BJ auction years while back.
It might have been on ebay.  It's not a real R/T.

I took a buncha pix of the rigs' he was willing to pull out.  I made quite a few photo no-nos'.  He initially parked up behind his truck thinking that was OK?  Ground was wet so out in the grass was a no go.

472 R/T SE

The last two.  I plan on attending photo classes this winter to help teach me how to manipulate shadows & the sun, etc.  I'm hoping to maximize the lower to the ground feel I have for taking shots that people have commented on.  It's being in the wheelchair that gives me a somewhat unique perspective I feel.

472 R/T SE

Quite the back-story on the pistol grip shifter.  My buddy had bought a '69 Hemi RR 4 gear from this same guy.  It came with that pistol grip.  My buddy too doesn't like them in the years before & the RR was a stock resto. so since the guy was the one who put the pg shifter in, he happily traded for it back & put it in his black Charger.

I should probably find out what happened to his other shifter.   

Ghoste

6pkrtse

Awesome ride. Can't complain about anything about it. Doesn't get too much better than that. The pistol grip is an easy swap.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic