News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

:drool5:   good mini video , thanks for the cruse  :yesnod: :2thumbs: 
:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

FJ5WING

Thanks for the ride!

I haven't driven my car in close to ten years....I  really miss that center peak and fender scoops. :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Looking Good Mike..................  :2thumbs:

You are planning on having it for the 2014 Talladega Meet, no? I read you wanted to restore her....... Get the tranny/clutch squared away, go, then tear her down........ You don't wanna miss out.....

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 21, 2013, 08:07:18 AM
Looking Good Mike..................  :2thumbs:

You are planning on having it for the 2014 Talladega Meet, no? I read you wanted to restore her....... Get the tranny/clutch squared away, go, then tear her down........ You don't wanna miss out.....

T

Troy, depending on funds, that is what might happen!   I will do anything to be at Talladega!   Just don't want to break down on the track.. LOL
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 21, 2013, 08:07:18 AM

T

This is excellent advice.    The restoration (and going back together part) is going to likely take longer than you anticipate.  

If I read it right, getting the car into the body shop next July doesn't seem to leave enough time.    

Dave Kanofsky

I broke down on the track in my SuperBird, they got a tow truck to push you right off in a hurry.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 21, 2013, 12:08:14 PM
I broke down on the track in my SuperBird, they got a tow truck to push you right off in a hurry.

Dave, anyone get a picture of that?

I'll tell you by driving it that small amount of time last week was awesome!  I have too many headaches with car crap right now to worry about the Bird.  But, I will be at Talladega hook or crook.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 21, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
...  But, I will be at Talladega hook or crook.  :2thumbs:

Tow the sucker there for peace-of-mind and discount the naysayers about "drive it or leave it".......  I say, "Yeah,,,, whatever.."

You can get to drive the car locally there in Alexander City and the track....... Heck, trailer it to the track if need be....... You won't be the only one...........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 21, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 21, 2013, 12:08:14 PM

Dave, anyone get a picture of that?

I'll tell you by driving it that small amount of time last week was awesome!  I have too many headaches with car crap right now to worry about the Bird.  But, I will be at Talladega hook or crook.  :2thumbs:

Not that I know of, this was 1999 just as we were driving off the track.  It was the culmination of a rough weekend of car trouble, I couldn't look at the thing for a few months. Yet, we made some life long friends, some lasting memories, and we have gone back twice since then.  And can't wait for next year!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

1970Moparmann

Guys, please help with a few questions -

-Where is it recommended to get the decals for the Bird?

-What color should the inside of the nose be?

-As for the wiring, I understand that no one really makes the gauge cluster harness.  What is the next best solution?  Get a 68 Charger due to the head light vacuum?

BTW, if anyone has a old Bird cluster harness,  Bill Evans said he would love to have it so he can make a copy moving forward...... :2thumbs:

oldcarnut

I think most will say Dave Patick of Performance Car Graphics.  I got all mine from there 4-5 yrs ago and still haven't got to put them on  :slap: Pg 22 of the catalog.  The web page doesn't look like its been updated in a long time.  When you look at several others that advertise especially on Ebay their colors of the RR are all off or altered in some way.
http://www.performancecargraphics.com/images/Catalog/Catalog.pdf

moparstuart

i second that  dave at performance car graphics 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

I agree with going to dave for the decals!

Inside of the nose should be satin black.
wingless now, but still around.

1970Moparmann

Thanks guys!  I'll cross off the decals on the list. :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: FJ5WING on September 16, 2013, 07:24:44 AM
I agree with going to dave for the decals!

Inside of the nose should be satin black.

Awesome! :cheers:

SouthernChargers

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 28, 2012, 10:08:50 AM
I show RM23VOA172646 as FY1  D Whitsel Detriot

Were did you get that sheet with all the cars and owners on it?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 16, 2013, 07:24:48 AM
Thanks guys!  I'll cross off the decals on the list. :2thumbs:

And make sure you blacken out the headlamp buckets and nose inside the decal so you don't see body color......
Troy

hotrod98

I replaced my dash harness on my bird with a harness made for both 70 Plymouths and 70 Dodges with the oil pressure gauge. I remember that there was a pigtail for the electric headlamp motor that I didn't use.  Other than that, it was dead on. Part number  HU272B from Yearone.

On most wingcars that I've seen, there's overspray inside the headlamp buckets. The inside of the buckets are semi gloss (satin) black.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

I don't think a 68 harness will work due to the 4 way flasher being in the dash on 68-69 & in the column on a 70

1970Moparmann

Thanks guys!   

I'm purchasing parts for the restoration now.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 13, 2013, 09:52:52 PM
I replaced my dash harness on my bird with a harness made for both 70 Plymouths and 70 Dodges with the oil pressure gauge. I remember that there was a pigtail for the electric headlamp motor that I didn't use.  Other than that, it was dead on. Part number  HU272B from Yearone.

On most wingcars that I've seen, there's overspray inside the headlamp buckets. The inside of the buckets are semi gloss (satin) black.

Same experience... The '70 B-body harness YearOne sells ( M&H ), is reproduction of the parts replacement part that MaMopar sold back when ( at least that's what the tech guys at M&H told me ). I recently swapped out the dash harness on my friend's '70 Superbee. The harness also included the connections for the headlamp relay required for '70 Dodge Chargers........ So, when you get it Mike and see those extra connections, in an Italian accent, "It'z a'all right......"
Troy

1970Moparmann

Some people have been asking me, what's going on with the Bird...  Well, nothing.   Been sitting since last year Fall.   I plan on bringing it home in a month to start figuring out what direction I want to go with it.   Will start cleaning the under body, and make sure structurally it is in good shape.   If it's in good shape, a mechanical / touch up process will begin.   If it needs metal replacement, I'll probably start taking it apart and get it media blasted in Spring. 

Dave Kanofsky