News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:03:30 PM
I drive mine when the mood strikes. Car shows, grocery shopping, sightseeing, whatever. I'm not one to look for a parking spot CLOSE to the door. I don't mind walking a bit.
I didn't buy these cars for the investment angle. I bought them because of their styling and performance.
Charger Discussion / Re: What has been your longest...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:55:58 PM
01 face 1.jpg

01 fake 2.png 
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Cars for sale thread
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 01:51:00 PM
Quote from: DownZero on Yesterday at 06:30:35 PMWhy would you post a car for sale that's not yours?

One of my closest friends never bothered with the internet until roughly 5 years ago. All he did was basic stuff like email, website searches & maps. Same thing goes for a cell phone with him. He used a flip phone that they gave him at work & now has a smart phone that he got at the end of last year. He only recently learned how to upload the photos he takes. His first endeavor into placing ads for some collectibles was facebook.

I've been a member of this site as well as several other car sites, ebay, craigslist & facebook roughly 25 years. I do things online that, while not complicated, are intimidating if you are new at it. When my friend wanted to sell a project car, I wrote up the ad, copied & pasted it on here & as many sites that I had accounts for. It didn't take long for me but if he did it, it would have taken forever, plus having to wait for moderators to approve his account
Charger Discussion / Re: What has been your longest...
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 01:33:22 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on Yesterday at 01:24:25 PMWhat happened that time?

They were harassed & threatened by the Amish, they're dangerous people.
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 01:30:07 PM
I plan to still drive my cars but just won't be going to certain places with them anymore. You can forget the supermarket on a nice day, idiots with carts that don't care are all over. It has gotten a lot more congested here in my area of NY since I moved here in 1989, but it's still not as bad as where I used to live in NJ. I still go back & it's horrible.

It was nothing to take something old that I drove into NYC, park & not worry much about it. I doubt that I would do it now. A bigger fear than an accident is to have it stolen. It's too easy to pop open a vent window, reach inside to open the door, remove the bezel for the keyed ignition, start the car with a screwdriver & go.

Something I am planning to do is to upgrade the suspension & brakes to at least be on a closer level to a modern car. This will help dramatically when you have to avoid the imbeciles we encounter on a daily basis. Both my Satellite & my Scamp have drum brakes all around & can scare the crap out of you in an emergency.
Charger Discussion / Re: Brown Chargers?
Last post by b5blue - Today at 01:12:04 PM
Yea I mean just true "Brown".  :scratchchin:
Last post by lloyd3 - Today at 01:08:51 PM
Mr. Kunkel: I do still drive it, just not where and when I used to go. Traffic here has gotten pretty chaotic (with all the newcomers) and the incidents of jaw-dropping stupidity are becoming all-to-common anymore. I still take it out for "toots" in the mostly-empty Great Plains to the east of me here, and enjoy all the sights, sounds, & sensations as much as I used-to.  I'm just more-aware now of how hard it will be to deal with any problems that might arise.

As to prices..."the law of diminishing returns" will eventually kick in. The people who still appreciate them are all ageing out, in one form or another. Kids these days do not see cars in the same way their parents (and even grandparents) saw them either and the skills needed to both operate and then maintain them are no-longer commonplace.

Charger Discussion / Re: Brown Chargers?
Last post by John_Kunkel - Today at 01:01:36 PM
 :iagree:  Like most colors there are variations in hue/tint. Variations in brown are "tan", "beige", "bronze", all of which were offered in those generations...even "burnt orange metallic" is more brown than orange.
Last post by John_Kunkel - Today at 12:32:42 PM
"Too valuable to drive". I hear the same argument in the Warbird community. Some think that, because they don't make them anymore, they should be relegated to museums for future generations to see rather than risk them crashing...others think "if they don't fly/drive them they're just dust collectors". I'm of the second opinion with both cars and Warbirds.

However, I have to disagree with the notion that the prices of both can't keep going up...the rarer they get, the more they will fetch. There's always somebody with enough money to outbid any bidder...no matter how ridiculous the price.