News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its not easy being green-a companion for my Charger

Started by triple_green, April 23, 2019, 06:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

this is my first retirement project. 1971 Schwinn Manta Ray - Campus green..
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Alaskan_TA

I love green.  :cheers:

Some people are so ignorant they hate colors.

Maybe they would be happier if they went blind?  :scratchchin:

:smilielol:

XH29N0G

And with the shifter!

A friend in our neighborhood found one a few years back, not green so nowhere near as cool, but still pretty cool, and told me the shifters were made illegal in the 1970s in places.  Be careful you can hurt yourself if you slid off the front of the seat. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Back N Black

Wow that is cool, I just restored a 1947 Schwinn Whizzer.

69rtse4spd

chargervert

This is my custom built 70 Stingray. It's painted in 70 Dodge Sublime green.

triple_green

Todd Wilson

Cool bikes!   My daughters and I were into old bikes a few years ago. I still had all mine from when I was a kid. Got them out of the shed and got a few new ones. We had a lot of fun. Now they just want to sit around on their tablets and phones.........

Todd

r4daytona

Thats cool, I had a similar one, yellow, black shifter and a stripe down the seat.  How many guys remember taking a junk bike - cut the forks off and hammering them on to your bike to turn it into a chopper??  I have one buried in my garage I made for my daughters to ride in our community parade when they were little.  I should probably restore it for future grand kids!

stripedelete

What was the condition of Manta Ray when you started?

bakerhillpins

Banana seats rule!   :METAL:

Bringing back some memories with these photos!  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

triple_green

i did very little restoration on the Manta Ray, Just took it apart, cleaned and derusted it as best I could. The frame was in good original shape, the rims were ok but a little rusty. The seat has has several cracks and small tears in it. Unfortunately the correct glitter green covers are not being reproduced.

I bought it just to tool around the neighborhood and to ride around at car shows because it matches the charger. Not many of these bikes left, They were only mad two years 71 and 72,

chargervert

I probably have a dozen of them, some are originals, some are customs,some are clones, and some are the reissued replicas.  Original Stingray Krates have become very expensive, so I will build a clone or custom that can be ridden without hurting the value of them. I  have one of the 2006 Manta Rays, but they look nothing like the original Manta Rays did.

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: had a lemon peeler back in the 70es.have a flat black stealth newish big back tire long chopper Stingray now  , an a west coast choppers chrome frame chopper too.  :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: an more projects an customs and vintage rides.   :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:

krops cars

As a kid I always wanted one. There was a green metallic and orange metallic. Both had the shifters and the seats matched.

Ponch ®

Since we're sharing our two wheeled human powered rides...

I don't know much about it, but to the best of my knowledge and based on my google research, it's a late 50's Made-in-England Raleigh cruiser/city bike. I got it as a "hand me down" from a family friend when I was in my teens (so 20+ years ago). It was my main ride until some thing or other broke and then I started driving; I let it languish in the backyard at my mom's house. I'd forgot about it and assumed it had been thrown out, then about two years ago my mom and my brother had it reconditioned as a birthday surprise/present.  Parts were hard to find so its not all original anymore (new handle bar, seat, brakes, wheels/tires /pedals) but overall the frame and other parts are original and untouched. I take it around the neighborhood for leisurely rides (not for workout/execise rides). It's big, it's smooth, and it's got gravitas - kinda like those late 70's land yacht cars.  
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

My ross apollo 3 speed last of the Muscle bikes   i just picked up   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

orange krate i paid a mint for to replace the one i had as a kid and destroyed

moparstuart

:drool5:  rare western flyer buzz bike that was quite pretty in its day  ,  was given to me im going to make it mechanic work and leave the patina as is and display it with my rat rod