News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi 500 XX29J9B217202

Started by 440mop, July 12, 2017, 06:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440mop

Hi,
other than the recent auction activity does anybody know anything about this car and it's history?
I have spoken with the vendor but not the owner as of yet. The fender tag appears to be MIA according to the vendors.
Cheers
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

C500

Quote from: 440mop on July 12, 2017, 06:13:02 PM
Hi,
other than the recent auction activity does anybody know anything about this car and it's history?
I have spoken with the vendor but not the owner as of yet. The fender tag appears to be MIA according to the vendors.
Cheers
John

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=129033.0
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

440mop

Thanks for the replies, I'll contact the vendors and see if they can put me in touch with the owner to discuss the car.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

C500

Quote from: 440mop on July 16, 2017, 03:21:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll contact the vendors and see if they can put me in touch with the owner to discuss the car.
John

:2thumbs: Have you sold the Daytona John?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

440mop

Yeah, it went yesterday, it's staying in NZ though and should be back on the road once it has been reccommisioned. it's a bit of a wrench after 15 years but I wasn't using it and of course the memories of taking it to Talladega will last for ever.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

C500

I noticed it in your signature 'sold'  :cheers: A Hemi 500, 4spd  :yesnod: I'm curious if there are any others here already  :shruggy:

440mop

I'm not sure, as you know there's lots of stuff here that is never shown, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was.
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

LVSRT10

Hi 440mop,

I used to own this car before Bob West restored it, what would you like to know?

Answer to one question for sure, yes there was a fender tag on the car which I still have a pencil rubbing of.

Jeff

440mop

Hi Jeff,
I've sent you a PM.
Cheers
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

JDR1967

If that is the car that was at Mecum Indy rumor has it that it came loose during transport to the auction and the drivers fender and passenger quarter panel were damaged.  They were quickly repaired and the car went through the auction.  I would advise to see the car in person before being purchased.

C500

440mop

Not sure I should admit it but I've gone E-body, lol!
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

hemi68charger

Quote from: 440mop on August 03, 2018, 04:10:06 AM
John

I did once...... With a T/A... Really nice car............ But, just wasn't my cup-of-tea..... Sold it to get my former Superbird.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

John
Road in a few  , not comfortable for a Big guy and rides like a lumber wagon  . Ill stick to B bodies   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on August 03, 2018, 04:33:23 PM
John
Road in a few  , not comfortable for a Big guy and rides like a lumber wagon  . Ill stick to B bodies   

I'm a b-body guy too Stuart  :cheers:

440mop

At least I have something in common with Stuart!
I just fancied a complete change.
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

Simonic

Quoteit's staying in NZ though and should be back on the road once it has been reccommisioned.
I don't suppose you sold it to a Brit living in NZ ?
Mopar owner in the UK..

440mop

440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

Simonic

Quote from: 440mop on August 06, 2018, 04:42:48 PM
Yeah, Ian bought it,  :icon_smile_wink:
John
I did wonder......he did some excellent work on my 68 Superbee before he left the uk
Mopar owner in the UK..

Benji

A good friend of mine has a 1969 Hemi 500 that has the VIN one number lower than the above car. It ends with 201.

Benji