News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will a 69 front valance fit a 70?

Started by carolina charger, April 27, 2008, 05:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolina charger

First post for me. I'm a new member with a new project on hand. I've restored Fords before but never a Mopar. I've got a decent 70 Charger 318 3 speed that I'm in the process of restoring and after a web search I found this forum. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions later, but for now I was wondering if a valance from a 69 will fit a 70? When i see them listed for sale it usually says 68-69, so I'm assuming theres a difference?

Blown70

terrible one

Yep, just as you'll find with the whole front clip.

Post more pictures of your car!  :2thumbs:

bull

I'd ask a body guy to have a look at it first. I made the mistake of assuming my front valance needed replacing so I bought one before taking it to the shop. When I got it there they told me they could repair my valance fairly easily so I just created more hassle for myself.

Charger_Fan

'68 & '69 are virtually identical, as far as I know...

'70 is a one year only deal. The most noticeable difference is the very outer edges. These are straight, 69's are notched.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

B5 Charger

I thought the running lights were different as well :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

Those 2 holes behind the lights are smaller on a 70 also. LEON.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: B5 Charger on April 28, 2008, 07:52:56 PM
The running lights are amber on 70's, but as far as I know, they will actually bolt into the '69 opening.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 29, 2008, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: B5 Charger on April 28, 2008, 07:52:56 PM
The running lights are amber on 70's, but as far as I know, they will actually bolt into the '69 opening.

Nope they wont even bolt in .....they will however bolt in a challeger valence.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

carolina charger

Its easy to see the difference when the 69 and 70 valances are compared side to side.  :2thumbs: I'll post some more pictures as things progress. Heres one more.