News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Magnum 500s and wilwood disc brakes

Started by jefferson, October 05, 2020, 11:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Hey guys, bought a wilwood front end disc brake kit for my 68 charger, problem is, the magnum 500 mopar centre caps dont fit on with the disc brake installed.
Spewing, trying to find ways around it, anyone have a wilwood disc brake front kit on there charger and running mag 500s.
Would love some input. Cheers.

Mopar Nut

What brand of Magnum 500's are you using? There's many that are using the Magnum 500's without the caps. I went with Baer Brakes because I prefer the Magnums.

Pictures are not mine.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

jefferson

Correct, exact same as those pictures mate.
Yep caps only thing that dont fit, i really want to use the mopar centre caps, lol.

Mopar Nut

Can you send the Wilwood's back? Here's mine with the Baer Brakes.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

jefferson

I doubt it, i imported them in from the USA to Aus so be a fair bit of messing around,
was just seeing if anyone else had wilwoods installed with magnum 500s.
worst comes to worst ill just use there centre caps i guess.

Mopar Nut

You might be able to take them to a machine shop and have them milled down a little bit.

jefferson

70gtx440dana

You should be able to cut the center cap tops off. And then re-weld and machine them. I ran into the same issue on my 70.....decided to use rallye's instead of Magnum 500's.
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54