News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by Todd Wilson - Yesterday at 09:23:28 PM
 :popcrn:
I would not run the car's electrical system through the ammeter anymore. In other words, I would bypass it and would do this in the engine compartment to keep from having all current going through the bulkhead connector.  Then remove the shunt on the back of the existing ammeter gauge.  Now it is just a d'Arsonval meter movement. A source of 12 volts under the dash that exists when the key is ON would then be wired to the ammeter with a resistor in series with it.  This should work.  Just need to select the proper size resistor.   
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Old Mopars in the wild
Last post by 70 sublime - Yesterday at 08:05:40 PM
f2 24 05 2024 (1).jpgf2 24 05 2024 (2).jpg

The other day I was driving the farm tractor up to the other farm to spread some fertilizer and saw this sitting outside
Have driven past this building a thousand times and never knew anything was inside
There was a name on the truck door but could not get a picture of it while in the tractor
I am at a stop sign about to turn onto the main road
The tractor windows were not the cleanest :) 
Paint, Body & Trim / Re: 1969 tail panel
Last post by Mike DC - Yesterday at 05:57:41 PM

Huh.  I had thought they were all Organisol. 

Paint, Body & Trim / Re: 1969 tail panel
Last post by hemigeno - Yesterday at 05:18:30 PM
Quote from: paul1969carsIs it possible that different plants painted different finishes of paints?

Yes, it is possible - and that's indeed what happened with St. Louis-built '69 Chargers.  I had one as well, although it wasn't original paint.  When it was restored, we did the low gloss enamel thing at the tailpanel per the document you posted. 

My (former) '69 Hamtramck car's original tailpanel was most definitely Organosol.
Car Guys Discussion / One SUV out of two.
Last post by lloyd3 - Yesterday at 03:23:34 PM
Alright, alright....let me see if I can liven things up here a bit.

Kids, right? My son wrecked his car (well, his buddy feel asleep while driving it back across Wyoming from California in early March with him in the back seat sleeping as well).  Thankfully, nobody go hurt. He sold the corpse of the little '06 Civic for $800 and then bought this non-running '99 Black Trooper online for $900 (a varmint had eaten the wires under the hood).  We still had an '02 Trooper in storage that I'd fixed up for him in high school, but the motor blew just before graduation.  He's a junior up at CSU now, so...that's been awhile ago.   Long story short, the '99 has a low-miles motor (50k) and a stick with a fresh clutch (fairly desirable) but looked like hell (the elderly owners had hit a deer, along with several other smaller things) and the interior was merde (some people?). The '02 was in great shape in and out (one owner, always garaged) except for that blown motor.  Got Blackie running and then started swapping out the better parts from the White '02.

Swapped the doors (so now the windows all work), swapped the tires and shocks (the ones from the donor car all had less than 5k on them), swapped the fenders, the hood, the grill, the wiper arms, headlights, taillights, and even the spare. Still need to swap the serpentine belt, the mass air flow sensor (it's throwing codes), the seats, the carpets, etc.  It might actually make him a vehicle now.  That boy's got no money but he does have moxie.

Paint, Body & Trim / 1969 tail panel
Last post by paul1969cars - Yesterday at 12:47:22 PM
Hi

My 1969 rt charger was built in st louis. Need to paint the tail panel. Found this attached detail. It details how its painted clearly.
The question is did all plants paint it in organosol black?

My car came out of st louis plant and this spec circled in red  states that the paint was black low gloss enamel

Is it possible that different plants painted different finishes of paints?
Quote from: misty440 on May 23, 2024, 09:38:19 AMI installed new water temp and oil pressure sensors and now my gauges move but are not accurate,

It's been noted often that some of the current replacement sensors are simply not correct for the installation they're supposed to work on. About the only way to ensure accuracy is to get the gauge and sensor as a matched pair.
Charger Discussion / Re: interesting Charger Fors...
Last post by moparstuart - Yesterday at 09:39:41 AM
Sean sold it for 14 k    I tried to buy it  but my 10k offer wasnt enough