News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Build

Started by Project68, September 08, 2017, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Project68

Had the original radio (on top) gone through by JC Auto Restoration in Washington State. Radio came back looking great.
I wanted to update the radio, but could not justify modifying the original radio that was installed in the dash at the factory, so JC Auto sold me a radio they had on the bench and modified it with a new board, etc. I know have AM/FM, Bluetooth and USB connectivity.

Project68

Anyone knwo where I can get a connecting rod for the center AC vent? I am missing one, although I suppose I could fabricate something.

John

Project68

It's been a while, but I am still working on the Charger. Latest photos of the body.

mike69440

Quote from: Project68 on November 30, 2017, 01:49:39 PM
Pulled the entire dash out of the car to rebuild it. Lots of work to do. i have never restored a dash, so any input is welcome. Looks like I might have to replace all the pads, some have cracks or seem warped. I am sending the gauge cluster, radio and A/C controls out to get restored/upgraded with newer electronic technology. Also swapping clock with a tich-tach clock. I am sure there must be a way to restore the plastic on the dash, unless its cheaper just to buy new reproduction stuff.

Restoring a GenII Charger is an act of love.

I notice an Stang in the background? Is it a Termi?  That's what I sold my 69 Charger SE/RT to buy.  I sort of regret it, but least a good Cobra Still brings $20K used.

Finn

Lookin' great! Nice work
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Project68

Quote from: mike69440 on April 20, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
Quote from: Project68 on November 30, 2017, 01:49:39 PM
Pulled the entire dash out of the car to rebuild it. Lots of work to do. i have never restored a dash, so any input is welcome. Looks like I might have to replace all the pads, some have cracks or seem warped. I am sending the gauge cluster, radio and A/C controls out to get restored/upgraded with newer electronic technology. Also swapping clock with a tich-tach clock. I am sure there must be a way to restore the plastic on the dash, unless its cheaper just to buy new reproduction stuff.

Restoring a GenII Charger is an act of love.

I notice an Stang in the background? Is it a Termi?  That's what I sold my 69 Charger SE/RT to buy.  I sort of regret it, but least a good Cobra Still brings $20K used.

I wish it was a Termi. It's an '04 Stage 2 Roush. I bought it new...24,800 miles on it now. I have made a few engine mods but that about it.

Q5XX29

Fun to watch your progress. Looking good!
dakota_gt on Instagram

Project68

Engine is now rebuilt. Final touches have been done and was run on the burn-in stand.

Project68

Anyone know where I can find a replacement air cleaner decal like the one shown? I have looked for a while and cannot find one anywhere.

Thanks!

John