News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTI...
Last post by moparstuart - Today at 09:10:41 AM
Quote from: held1823 on May 22, 2024, 08:21:05 AMI bet he's the life of any party. Allen V. offered him the build sheet for one of his cars for free years ago and he was less than enthused about reuniting it with the car. Not sure that he ever did.

It took this thread for me to even look at what my title says. I feel almost special now.
your special all right    Special Ernie 
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Re: Piece of headliner
Last post by moparsal7 - Today at 08:14:39 AM
I sent you a p.m.  if you didn't get send me a message
moparsal@hotmail.com
why would he be so smart as you put a cost? You are asking a lot there for him to think about. LOL
Charger Discussion / Re: Here is what $5000 buys yo...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:06:52 AM
The seats are in for mock up.

DCA 25.jpg

DCA 28.jpg

I pulled them back out to lay down the sound deadener mat on the floor pans. I have the carpet I pulled from the red car in 2021 when I swapped in the 5 speed. The carpet isn't perfect but it is better than bare steel! 
Charger Discussion / Re: Here is what $5000 buys yo...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:02:33 AM
I'm often amazed when I see how much time passes when I get distracted.
The car still runs and drives fine. I had it on the back burner for awhile while I helped a buddy swap a Tremec 5 speed in his 69 Coronet. I also did a Vintage Air kit in a '68 Plymouth Satellite. I have the other Charger that I had to get ready for the trip south for Spring Fling....A/C work, distributor tuning, etc.
I'm back to it though.
The speedometer was stuck at 145. I had it gone through at a local speedometer shop.

DCA 1.jpg

DCA 10.jpg

DCA 12.jpg

I found a guy that had a glove box door hinge.

DCA 13.jpg

DCA 14.jpg

I decided to pull the crappy seat and make the moves to install the bucket seats originally from my red car:

00000026 (2).JPG

DCA 21.jpg

I had to weld on the AMD floor support brackets.

DCA 18.jpg

Charger Discussion / Re: 1970 Fiberglass Fenders & ...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 11:53:03 PM
I'd sure love to hear an update on these.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 11:48:22 PM
The glove box door hinge arrived this week. I sandblasted, primed and painted it. Rustoleum sure takes awhile to dry.

DCA 13.jpg

DCA 14.jpg

It hangs a little low on the left side. There is enough adjustment in the hinge to get that looking better.
I sure like the 1970 design better than the 68-69 where the door is hinged from above. 
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 11:45:27 PM
How about this?

DCA 1.jpg

I had the speedometer out since it was stuck at 145. I had a shop fix it. I did ask what was wrong because I'd like to know how to fix another in the future. The man said "It was broke".....
Either he didn't feel like explaining or he figured I was the guy that may not need him if he told me how to fix the dang thing. It did not please me. I want to learn and do things myself.
I polished the clear gauge face cover....

DCA 6.jpg

DCA 8.jpg

DCA 9.jpg

DCA 12.jpg   

Car Guys Discussion / Re: interesting pictures , & s...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 03:33:26 PM
Look at how much THINNER that everyone was back then!
Charger Discussion / Re: My new patina'd RR1 burgun...
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 02:48:01 PM
I've read from guys that did the heat and scrape method but I hade no interest in trying that. The needle scaler is loud and dusty but quite effective.
I have a thing with fire though. I don't like it. I wouldn't call it a phobia, I'm just not too comfortable with fires.