News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Mayhem

Started by charger69o1, July 18, 2016, 08:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger69o1

Anyone here seen the General Mayhem Roadkill Charger? I love that car! One question I have about it that I cannot find an answer on is what size wheels and tires were put on it after the guys put the motor home 440 in it? Anyone here have a clue? The rear looks like an 15x10 and the fronts a 15x8. I was wondering what size tires, and what the brand and offset of the wheels were.

Here is the video incase you havent seen it! The stance of that Charger just does it for me.  :drool5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXDcJQqZrA

Lennard

lukedukem

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106959.0.html
link might not have tire size.

you might ask Ryan, he works with them a lot. but they might not remember since it has gotten a hellcat engine and bigger tires.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1081

Luke

Edit: just saw Lennard's post. that's Ryan, send him a PM

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

charger69o1

I sent Ryan a message. Hope he has some info.

I appreciate the help guys! Love the stance on that car and would like to know more about the tire sizes so I can duplicate the look.

lukedukem

I think they used the rims and tires from the fury. Might watch that video and see if they reference them in that.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

charger69o1

When they send the fury off to the JY it still has the wheels on it

TheAutoArchaeologist

It has 15x7 up front and 15x10 in the back.  I believe they put the original post-RV build tires on there, and removed the drag rims and such, now that it is touring the country with a auto parts manufacturer.  

Drop me an email, HemiPwr70@yahoo.com  I have some side profile pics of the car, with the rims on it.  I can't read the size, but maybe you can.

And if not, I will see it here shortly at Woodward, it is coming to Roadkill Nights.  I'll grab a few pics for you.

Full size
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/28345084011/sizes/o/

Ryan

lukedukem

Quote from: charger69o1 on July 18, 2016, 02:08:18 PM
When they send the fury off to the JY it still has the wheels on it

Oh yeah, but those rims where still good. why send them off. oh well

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Ryan, do they still not have any windows in the car?
did they fix the taillights too?
Do they plan on returning to dirt-fish with it?

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: lukedukem on July 20, 2016, 10:45:50 AM

Luke

Still no windows

Tail lights are 68's now. 

Not at this time.  The car is not optimized for that right now.  When they have to return the Hellcat to Dodge, Freiburger plans to make it into the ultimate dirt-fish Charger.  But it is not going to be for a long time.

lukedukem

Quote from: Devil on July 21, 2016, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: lukedukem on July 20, 2016, 10:45:50 AM

Luke

Still no windows

Tail lights are 68's now. 

Not at this time.  The car is not optimized for that right now.  When they have to return the Hellcat to Dodge, Freiburger plans to make it into the ultimate dirt-fish Charger.  But it is not going to be for a long time.

Did not know that was part of the deal, wow. But i look forward to the next chapter in this cars life.  if you rememeber, keep us posted on it, thanks

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Brass

They have to give it back??  Lame!  Gas Monkey didn't give theirs back.  I hope Dodge covered the Diversified Creations bill.

funknut

Even if they didn't have to give it back, I'm sure they'd want to change it up eventually.  IMO, the cool thing about Roadkill is they are always changing things up, and honestly I think that's what most of us want to see.  If they never replaced significant parts of their cars, there wouldn't be much to film, and we'd never see another General Mayhem episode.

Maybe 'having to give it back' is just an excuse for them to drop in something different. 

Honestly, Dodge would be smart to ask for it back before they frag one of their hellcat motors on a roadkill episode.  They've already run nitrous on it, and the main ethos of the show is to crank everything to 11 until something breaks.  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

If Dodge was really counting on using that motor for something else afterwards they wouldn't have given it to Roadkill, loan or gift.  

It was probably a loan on principle so Dodge could keep a bit of influence over it.  The Roadkill guys can't trade it at a swapmeet for a Chevy motor for some other project 6 months later.  They can't purposely destroy it on-camera with something childish that would not be showing it the desired respect.  Etc.

Calif240

I've got 15x10 Vectors on back and 15x8.5 up front. Stance is mean (imo), especially when looking from behind.
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

440sixpack

Did anyone ever figure out what the rear tire size was on the original Mayhem Charger?

JimShine

Quote from: funknut on July 21, 2016, 01:51:23 PM

Maybe 'having to give it back' is just an excuse for them to drop in something different.  

You might be on the right track there. When I appeared on Powerblock during the peak of its popularity in 2008, I saw something along those very lines.

They had a warehouse of cars and trucks built over the course of the season. Our appearance was after the season finished filming, now they were filming all of the host parts as we appeared with her. These vehicles were in the process of having their engines, transmissions and rear ends removed, crated, and wrapped. The vehicles were being prepared to be crushed. I asked why they only were saving the drivetrains. The guy told me they would be reused in future builds. The vehicles posed potential liability problems for RTM productions, so they get crushed. They would take out a few things that were universal, but they had no desire to maintain a junkyard of car parts they may never use.

Lennard

Quote from: Brass on July 21, 2016, 12:55:36 PM
They have to give it back??  Lame!  Gas Monkey didn't give theirs back.  I hope Dodge covered the Diversified Creations bill.
Freiburger bought the complete charger back from Dodge, took it to Chris Birdsong who fixed the metal work and took the drivetrain out. Freiburger sold the Hellcat drivetrain train to Mike, a friend of Chris.