News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2020HP-Pro Street Daytona Clone

Started by 1meanfish, August 04, 2010, 10:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1meanfish

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while and I thought I'd post where I am with my "daily driver" Daytona clone. I finally took it for it first drive and she ran great. I need to set up the suspension, put the wheelie bars and chute on her but even on a super hot Florida weekend and a heavy foot I drove her all over town and the temp stayed around 190 the whole time. Here's a couple pics.

Brock Samson

i read the topic title and I thought "No-way"... but I was wrong...  :lol:
"save as"  :2thumbs:

1meanfish

Here's a couple more.

Brock Samson

very interesting!  :popcrn: what's that round fitting, front Pass side?..  :shruggy:

68pplcharger

That car is ridiculous... I mean that in a good way. Wooow That's awesome. Whats the gas milage like :rofl:

1meanfish

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 04, 2010, 10:52:57 AM
very interesting!  :popcrn: what's that round fitting, front Pass side?..  :shruggy:

I think what you're asking about is the radiator cap? The actual radiator is in the nose at an angle so it would be impossible to check and add water. The other thing in the front passenger side is the water tank for the inter-cooler.

68pplcharger

That an F3 ATI Procharger Supercharger from The Supercharger Store?

1meanfish

Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 04, 2010, 10:54:50 AM
That car is ridiculous... I mean that in a good way. Wooow That's awesome. Whats the gas milage like :rofl:

Haven't calculated that yet...I'm sure it's not going to be good ;D! but believe it or not it runs on 93 octane pump gas. If I change the pulley and run race fuel it'd bump it to 2500hp.

1meanfish

Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 04, 2010, 10:58:23 AM
That an F3 ATI Procharger Supercharger from The Supercharger Store?

It's the F3 but I didn't get it from the Supercharger Store, I built a 416 small block for my 67 Barracuda I've had since I was 17 with an F1 from the Superstore and they're great but with this project I had the motor professionally built by Steve Morris Racing Engines.

oldcarnut

Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 04, 2010, 10:54:50 AM
Whats the gas milage like :rofl:
I believe that would be measured in smiles per gal instead of mpg  ;)  All that meat under the rear gives a nice stance :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

i think it's great your keeping her stock, I hate it when folks Mod their cars!  :icon_smile_wink: more pics and details please..

68pplcharger

What part of Florida? My Brother in law lives in Jacksonville.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

learical1

Quote from: 1meanfish on August 04, 2010, 10:45:06 AM
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while and I thought I'd post where I am with my "daily driver" Daytona clone. I finally took it for it first drive and she ran great. I need to set up the suspension, put the wheelie bars and chute on her but even on a super hot Florida weekend and a heavy foot I drove her all over town and the temp stayed around 190 (mph) the whole time. Here's a couple pics.

Fixed! :2thumbs:
Bruce

1meanfish

Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 04, 2010, 11:18:04 AM
Palm Beach Gardens.

68pplcharger

I Would love to see that car in person. A little to far to travel after driving 11.5 hours to visit Jacksonville.  :brickwall:

1meanfish

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 04, 2010, 11:16:30 AM
i think it's great your keeping her stock, I hate it when folks Mod their cars!  :icon_smile_wink: more pics and details please..

Yeah right, don't you hate it when someone thinks they can improve on 40+ year old technology... :lol: :lol: :o  Actually to me modifying these cars has always been a part of what makes them fun and great. When I was I younger the first thing we'd do to these old muscle cars is start adding bigger tires, intakes, headers, etc. I can't remember anyone I knew that was driving these cars around bone stock...except maybe the slant six cars!! While owning a museum car might be good in some cases as an investment, I'd rather build a car I can beat on and enjoy. And the Holy S#@$, responses are pretty cool too  ;)!

lisiecki1

Quote from: 1meanfish on August 04, 2010, 11:51:01 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 04, 2010, 11:16:30 AM
i think it's great your keeping her stock, I hate it when folks Mod their cars!  :icon_smile_wink: more pics and details please..

Yeah right, don't you hate it when someone thinks they can improve on 40+ year old technology... :lol: :lol: :o  Actually to me modifying these cars has always been a part of what makes them fun and great. When I was I younger the first thing we'd do to these old muscle cars is start adding bigger tires, intakes, headers, etc. I can't remember anyone I knew that was driving these cars around bone stock...except maybe the slant six cars!! While owning a museum car might be good in some cases as an investment, I'd rather build a car I can beat on and enjoy. And the Holy S#@$, responses are pretty cool too  ;)!

agreed.....wholeheartedly.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 04, 2010, 11:14:50 AM
WOW!  :faint:

What he said. :drool5:

By the way, did you see the other topics about how to make the headlight doors work?   :smilielol:
(Just kiddin'!  your car is AWESOME).
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1meanfish

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 04, 2010, 12:22:29 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 04, 2010, 11:14:50 AM
WOW!  :faint:

What he said. :drool5:

By the way, did you see the other topics about how to make the headlight doors work?   :smilielol:
(Just kiddin'!  your car is AWESOME).

Yeah, I know the headlights aren't quite "correct" but it was simple, cheap and will get me home in the dark  :lol:. My plan is to put some lightly tinted plexiglass covers over them to give it a more stock/correct look. Or maybe removable covers I can only take off when I need them.

BigBlackDodge

I'm guessing the stock hood may encounter clearance issues? :icon_smile_big:

BBD

billssuperbird

elacruze

Quote from: 1meanfish on August 04, 2010, 11:37:31 AM
Quote from: 68pplcharger on August 04, 2010, 11:18:04 AM
Palm Beach Gardens.

I'm up in Jensen Beach. I lived on Singer Island in '77-'78, went to Benjamin's for a year.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.