News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Yeah it's a big difference. 

I don't think it would work to take the old Mopar front end that far away from zero (the original spec).  Not with only a moved upper ball joint.  The whole front end has other quirks that modern stuff doesn't.  The upper ball joints move around a lot (by design) depending on where they are in the wheel travel.  Behind the LCAs, the torsion bars pass through the ideal place for the steering linkage so that's another compromise.  Etc.     

The old Mopar engineers gave the front end zero caster because everything was still designed around manual-steering cars back then.  They needed to keep the low-speed parking effort under control.  Putting big caster into front ends is a luxury you have when there is power steering to assist in parking lots. 

Yeah, you read that right...The SRT8 cars had over a degree of negative camber and right at 9 degrees of caster.
The Caster angles in newer Challengers is surprising.

2015 CH RT.JPG

Off Topic Discussion / Re: What NON Charger projects ...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 04:28:42 PM
It takes patience and an eye for detail to do the detailed carpentry work.
Nice work.
Electric, Gauges, & Lights / Re: mystery wire
Last post by 70 sublime - Today at 04:02:54 PM
One wire will be longer than the other because they join the main harness on driver side so the longer wire has farther to go to reach to get to passenger side
Off Topic Discussion / Re: What NON Charger projects ...
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 02:29:00 PM
Carpentry.  :cheers:  Either something small like a phone stand for my wife, a new headboard with nightstands & lighting or a new porch on the house.

I don't mind repairing things, but I prefer to build something from scratch. Having said that, it was much nicer & less troublesome building our new garage than fixing all the crap on my house.  :brickwall:

With the engine warmed up and idling, grab a flashlight and look straight down the primaries and secondaries...if you can see fuel dripping from the boosters, the float level might be too high.
Last post by armor64 - Today at 01:48:55 PM
mine had those rubbery/plasticy isolators as well for anything that was going to be hidden between panels, in this case the inner and outer hood steel?
Last post by 70 sublime - Today at 01:20:30 PM
I want to say hood blinkers also