News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bad material

Started by mister bungle, February 16, 2006, 03:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat69charger

Parcel services and the mail system Rob you guys for shipping overseas, if you know some one in the US Mlilitary have them buy you some and have it shipped to there unit and you advoid all the bullshit.

Mister Bungle, I never looked at your profile for your location, if I had I would have known what you meant by saving on shipping cost.

mister bungle

That's okay. path69, in fact that's a compliment for my grammar and spelling... (?)
And the guy i knew from US army in Germany left two months ago. Back home, he said; Tennessee Yeeeehaa
Born with the right heart in the wrong continent

phat69charger

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 16, 2006, 07:28:56 PM
One of the guys in the Valiant/Barracuda club used this stuff:

Peel™ & Seal
6"x25' Roll Self-Stick Aluminum Faced

Item #: 154017       Model: PS625

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=154017-81326-PS625&pad=true

Very similar to Dynomat supposedly and much cheaper.

nh_mopar_fan, Great find!  :2thumbs:

I went to lowes and looked at the peel and seal material, and it's the same material as the sound deadeners you find a stereo shops, it has the same consistency and weight as the other foil backed sound deadeners, if you break it down into 5 foot sections you would have pieces that cover 30" x 60" or 12.5 Sq, ft, it's $13.68 here in N. Carolina, that's cheaper than the regular sound deadener without the foil back, So if you buy three packs you'll have 37.5 Sq, ft which will cover all of the area under your carpet for just over $41.00, so all of you looking for the a great deal on sound deadener you need to go to Lowes and get the peel and seal in the roofing section.

phat69charger

If you do your math and take the 120 Sq, ft of material on ebay for $130.00 shipped, and divide it by the 12.5 Sq, ft of peel and seal you have to get 9.6 rolls of of peel and seal to equal the 120 Sq, ft offered on ebay, the up's and down's of that are, up's Peel and seal comes in small amounts and works well for small areas because it's a 6" x 25' roll, you can buy just a small amount for cheap, you can get it without the wait, the down's are it cannot cover large areas without being multiple pieces, and the Tax on it will take away from the price being equal, peel and seal cost $13.68 x 9.6 rolls is 120 Sq,ft, you can't buy half rolls from lowes, but if you could that's $131.33 no Tax, so like I stated before I think the 120 Sq, ft on ebay is the best buy out there and it will do the whole car, maybe two of them if you don't double layer it.

I forgot to say if you don't need that much sound deadening material because your not going to take your car down that far or you just want to do your trunk, or doors the peel and seal is a good buy.