News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 16, 2019, 05:13:55 PM
Back to the alternator bolt question.
If it is broken off in the alternator (sorry, don't remember) I have had good luck with the following::

Put alternator in vise with the broken bolt hole in the "up" position and spray penetrating oil or Wd-40 equivalent, let it sit for 2-3 days. Then heat it lightly with a torch-careful around the insides. After completely cooled down the next day repeat. the process. Then try to remove the broken bolt.

If its in the block, not so much luck, but I would try a similar route. Good luck-The broken alternator and power steering bolts are the biggest pains in the rear broken bolts out there.
Bob

Hi Bob,                         17 October 2019

Thanks for the reply. The bolt is broken inside the boss in the head on the passenger side. I looked at it again with better lighting and I could see the bolt and some of the thread. Unfortunately, it wasn't fixed correctly by whomever applied the all-thread "repair." I should have realized it was a "Rube Goldberg" disaster looking for a place to happen and taken steps to fix it back when we first bought it.

There are a several ways of dealing with this: 1. Have someone that really is an expert in drilling out bolts without ruining the threads; 2. If the car is to be restored and the engine refreshed, take the head to a machine shop that has the equipment and expertise to drill it out without damaging the head and/or threads; 3. During an engine refresh, swap the heads right to left. The driver head should have a good unused boss with good threads.

I don't have the tools or talent to do it.

Thanks again.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: Moparpoolman on October 16, 2019, 03:16:40 PM
what is the asking price for each car? and all three cars together?

Hi Moparpoolman,              17 October 2019

We plan to sell the three cars as a lot. Too many things have been swapped around. As for price, we are aware of their worth. We are open to reasonable offers.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Kern Dog

Just like another member wrote....
This thread drops down to about mid page and the OP bumps it back up just to stoke the fire so nobody loses interest.   :scratchchin:

426HemiChick

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 17, 2019, 05:21:22 PM
Just like another member wrote....
This thread drops down to about mid page and the OP bumps it back up just to stoke the fire so nobody loses interest.   :scratchchin:

Korn dog,                     17 October 2019

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your jealousy.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Kern Dog

You mistake disgust for jealousy. I have zero interest in your cars.

62 Max

odcics2

530 posts to get to what was the original plan: sell the cars. 

Might have been easier to just do that from Day 1.  May have saved a lot of mud from being flung.

Good luck with your sale(s)!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chaaargerb

Quote from: 62 Max on October 18, 2019, 07:30:47 AM
Maybe the time has come !!  

:dancinglock:

Why do you think this thread should be locked?
426 HemiChick has been straight up with who they are and what they have.
People have been allowed to see the cars and take pictures. (sounds like everyone had a good time). Nearing 80 years old you would be lucky to get out of bed and be functional  let alone pulling hemi motors and laying on the ground. I don't go on any of the other sites or even the dodge charger side of this web page because of the Hater/Bashers that are on there. 426 HemiChick good luck with the sale of your cars keep the pics coming when you can. Thanks again for sharing. :2thumbs:

Redbird

If this whole train wreck is now a for sale ad, and by the OP's statement it now is, should it and does it have to be moved to the for sale section?

Wining about having to spend $ 150 to fix door hinges is the final straw.

Please move this to the For Sale section, and forever keep it out of this section![/font][/size]

chaaargerb

Quote from: Redbird on October 18, 2019, 08:10:32 AM
If this whole train wreck is now a for sale ad, and by the OP's statement it now is, should it and does it have to be moved to the for sale section?

Please move this to the For Sale section, and forever keep it out of this section![/font][/size]

Why would you want to remove this topic? 426 HemiChick should just put a for sale ad on the site and keep this topic on the progress of the sale.  :Twocents:

held1823

Quote from: chaaargerb on October 18, 2019, 08:24:22 AM
Quote from: Redbird on October 18, 2019, 08:10:32 AM

Why would you want to remove this topic? 426 HemiChick should just put a for sale ad on the site and keep this topic on the progress of the sale.  :Twocents:

exactly. the original poster is not who turned this into a shit show.  this forum has always welcomed back stories and histories on these cars - this story is no exception. the only difference is this one makes a few people uncomfortable. that's on them, not the owner
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BeatersRus

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2019, 08:52:25 AM

exactly. the original poster is not who turned this into a shit show. 
this forum has always welcomed back stories and histories on these cars - this story is no exception. the only difference is this one makes a few people uncomfortable. that's on them, not the owner

erm,umm,no,it was their shit show from the start...they even started in another members thread..sound familar?
in case youve forgotten...and just because they went back and erased some of their bs,doesnt mean it never happened.

getting back to the cars,will they actually be up for sale where everyone can look/bid on them,or is this just part of the hook.

as far as the suggestion that this topic should be moved to the sales part.
Yes..this has been a fishing trip the entire thread...a circlejerk of all of us.
all the replies should be wiped out,and then leave pics of the cars and a few < pertinent members replies on the ad.
the lies,the deceptions,the drama,and the other brands all were not necessary,and really have nothing to do with the Cars.

held1823

Quote from: BeatersRus on October 18, 2019, 11:22:59 AM
Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2019, 08:52:25 AM

exactly. the original poster is not who turned this into a shit show.
this forum has always welcomed back stories and histories on these cars - this story is no exception. the only difference is this one makes a few people uncomfortable. that's on them, not the owner

erm,umm,no,it was their shit show from the start...they even started in another members thread..sound familar?
in case youve forgotten...and just because they went back and erased some of their bs,doesnt mean it never happened.

getting back to the cars,will they actually be up for sale where everyone can look/bid on them,or is this just part of the hook.

as far as the suggestion that this topic should be moved to the sales part.
Yes..this has been a fishing trip the entire thread...a circlejerk of all of us.
all the replies should be wiped out,and then leave pics of the cars and a few < pertinent members replies on the ad.
the lies,the deceptions,the drama,and the other brands all were not necessary,and really have nothing to do with the Cars.

dude, you are part of the shit show. you signed up here solely to add your two cents into this thread. thirty-two posts since you joined, every single one of them in this thread. so tell us, what value do you add to the forum?

you are correct about it starting in another member's thread, and we both know it was the one for my car. it was moved to its own thread as it should have been, solely for it to tell its own story. what you call a circle jerk, others see as adding info about a car most knew nothing about. it's a great thing that the car was first mentioned here, as that gives it the chance to wind up with a collector, rather than a flipper.

why not high tail it back over to your own clique, and keep up the bullshit like this? you are nothing but a nuisance here
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BeatersRus

i signed up to see these supposed cars,because you know,most sane people post the pics of their cars within the first page of the topic.
but,they chose to lead us along,right?? right??
have you even been reading the pages?

i was also told that this was the moparlady returning in yet another handle after being banned from our forum.
this is one of the main reasons i came over.
in Fact,it was myself who proved that it wasnt moparlady.

perhaps you should reread the posts.
as far as a shit show,if me asking perfectly logical questions upsets you,then you are in luck,because those are my favorite kind.

held1823

Quote from: BeatersRus on October 18, 2019, 11:58:58 AM
i signed up to see these supposed cars,because you know,most sane people post the pics of their cars within the first page of the topic.
but,they chose to lead us along,right?? right??
have you even been reading the pages?

i was also told that this was the moparlady returning in yet another handle after being banned from our forum.
this is one of the main reasons i came over.
in Fact,it was myself who proved that it wasnt moparlady.

perhaps you should reread the posts.
as far as a shit show,if me asking perfectly logical questions upsets you,then you are in luck,because those are my favorite kind.

funny, the VIN to the daytona was mentioned in their very first post
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                      18 October 2019

Thanks Ernie.

Not going to rehash old stuff here, there was no whining about having to spend $150.00 to fix the door; we were happy to spend it as we didn't have to spend more to replace it. Why did it take so long to get it fixed? We had other issues that took precedence over the door. Our lives do not revolve around the garage or the cars.

To those of you that don't like this thread, why do you even bother to read it let alone post on it? No one forces you to do either, except yourself.

We didn't come here to cause problems. Yes, we got off to a bad start by posting on Ernie's thread. We didn't know where to start, we screwed up. We apologized and removed our posts. We have posted on a few threads, very few to be accurate. In one case an attempted argument ensued due to someone's lack of reading comprehension. We're not responsible for the shortcomings of others.

When we first came here we had no real plans for the cars other than to figure out what we had and what it was going to take to get things straightened out with the cars and the garage. Remember, the cars have been sitting in there 40 years. During the process of getting the cars mobile, which was a big job in itself, we came to the conclusion that neither one of us has the physical ability or desire to work on the cars. We came to the conclusion that the best thing for us and the cars is to sell them, which we stated in a recent post on this thread.

A couple posters inquired about them, we responded. Nowhere did we post a price, the closest thing said was that we are open to reasonable offers and that when they are advertised for sale, we'll post that fact on this thread/site.

We cannot control how or what people think and/or believe, nor do we want to. We have tried to be accurate in what we post; yes, there was a bit of subterfuge in the beginning. There were very few people that knew the cars even existed, let alone that we had them in our garage. We had forgotten that Galen Govier knew about the Daytona, having registered it with him 10 or so years ago. He told us at the time he had the build sheet for our DC and offered to send it to us; we asked him to keep it for us.

When we posted the DC's Vin, your detectives outed us, finding out more about the cars than we knew, even finding the ad for the Daytona from which we bought it in 1972, the name of the person we bought it from, and the ad from which we sold the Hemi Cuda 4-speed in 1975. That was some right good detective work; we learned a lot from it and were able to contact the original DC's owner. Some of the Daytona's photos on this thread are pictures he sent us, for which we are very grateful.

We have allowed a member here unfettered access to the cars so they could photograph them and post them on this thread, which they did. Even after that someone stated they didn't think we really had the cars. Takes all kinds.

My recommendation for those of you who don't like us or this thread, PLEASE do not read it, comment about it, or post on it. You know who you are, and so does everyone else.

To all the nice folks here, we thank you for your support, your help, comments, advice and for being the nice human beings that you are!!!

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

ACUDANUT

Quote from: odcics2 on October 18, 2019, 08:03:37 AM
530 posts to get to what was the original plan: sell the cars.  

Might have been easier to just do that from Day 1.  May have saved a lot of mud from being flung.

Good luck with your sale(s)!

BINGO. Dude who calls himself a She, had a plan the entire time. BTW who is We ? Your sock puppet  ?
Best wishes. Rainbow hugs and kisses.

BeatersRus

you can backtrack till you are blue in the face,but its all bs.
just because you went back and erased stuff,doesnt mean it didnt happen.
you just lied again,about having no price when it was Clearly you who posted the 1.6 mill price.
this was after you posted they would never be for sale,which,also apparently was a lie.
is it any wonder most of us think you were on a fishing trip from the start?

as far as My intent on your thread,i was Hoping this would be legit,and Wanted to spread this story all over the world.
i mean really,3 rare mopars in one barn,its a helluva story.
plus i proved that you Werent the fake moparlady..you are welcome for that btw.

but,you and your bs stories and circlejerking have ruined that thought.
nobody cares nor wants to see any of your 20 plus pages of gender,your cop cars,or any of the bs and deceptions that you played.
( except for those who want the cars and are willing to hold your hand )
we came for the Cars...for the stories About the cars,and hopefully to see the Cars go to good homes and be saved.

so i find it ironic that you are trying to make others out to be bad guys when all you had to do from the Start was be straightup.
it has been very easy to see that all you wanted to do,was expose all of us to your personal CRAPola and tease us at various times,
with the actual cars themselves.

im going to ask you this again..about the Cars.
do you plan on letting the public bid/buy these cars?
members of this forum perhaps?
or is this just gonna be a pick whomever has the money And held your hand thruout this trainwreck?? :shruggy:
ive been straightup with you the entire topic..lets see if you can be,for one post.

Lennard

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2019, 11:47:07 AM

why not high tail it back over to your own clique, and keep up the bullshit like this? you are nothing but a nuisance here
You mean the other keyboard warriors on fbbo. :lol:

426HemiChick

Quote from: BeatersRus on October 18, 2019, 02:43:06 PM

Deleted the incoherent rubbish to save space, everyone's eyeballs and time.

Hi Folks,                          18 October 2019

To answer BeatersRus: Are you as ignorant as that other poster, Korn Dog? You both operate out of the fbbo site, which leads me to believe you're best buds, like "Jail-House" buds.

When I posted that $1.6 mil price on the thread, it was done in jest to shut you up. Of course that was way over your head.

Your postings prove you to be one of the biggest bores on the Net. You can't read a post, comprehend what's in it and then retain it well enough to comment intelligently on it. I have read things written by third graders that are written better than anything you have posted here on this site. The same goes for your Korn Dog buddy; birds of a feather....

When the cars are advertised, that fact will also be posted on this site. As for members here making an offer on the cars we could possibly cut them some slack. Just how much slack, it will depend upon the offer and the person making it.

Now tell me what you would do if you had a Mopar and you wanted to sell it. Person A, a member of this site offers you $200K for it and Person B from the public offers you $300K, who are you going to sell it to? If you say Person A, you either have more money than brains, you're a lying sack of sheet or your just plain nuts. Money talks and BS walks; you seem to have an abundance of the latter.

There's another nut case that infects this site: ACUDANUT; To be as mean as she tries to be, she has to have had something terrible happen in her earlier days. I still like her though, in a condescending way. I think she is salvageable, it'll just take time. Unfortunately, we don't have the 100 years it will take.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

cdr

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2708165/1969-daytona-for-sale.html#Post2708165                                                                                                                                                   
For Sale *NOT MINE* I wish.
Original 1969 Dodge Daytona 39000 miles.
This is one of last unrestored Daytona's left in the world and is in very good original condition, True Survivor!
Car has been in dry storage since 1972, a genuine Barn Find!
Numbers matching engine has not been started since stored but still turns over by hand with no issue.
Numbers matching transmission not currently in car but is available and will be included with sale.
Nose not currently installed but is included and in good condition.
Has some "day two" parts installed that can be easily removed.
Value of this car is yet to be determined (this is possibly a million dollar car!) Please make reasonable offer.
Please see pictures below..
Please contact Chester Headley @ (817) 488-8868
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

6bblgt

it appears  :shruggy: one of "426HemiChick's" admirers has placed a For Sale ad on MOPARTS (in WIW) for the '69 HEMI Daytona

Bill Board also has a chesterheadly@yahoo email address  :scratchchin:

426HemiChick

Quote from: cdr on October 18, 2019, 11:40:00 PM
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2708165/1969-daytona-for-sale.html#Post2708165                                                     

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 18, 2019, 11:43:16 PM
it appears  :shruggy: one of "426HemiChick's" admirers has placed a For Sale ad on MOPARTS (in WIW) for the '69 HEMI Daytona

Hi cdr, 6bblgt,                  18 October 2019

It wasn't either of us though we do have a good idea who did it. Fortunately, they left a trace in it. They used photos from this thread, which are watermarked (invisible) and are copyrighted. They now will have the Feds to deal with.

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry this thread has brought out the dregs of society.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

alfaitalia

Your cops must have a lot less to do then ours if you think they would be the slightest bit interested in acting on a photo used without permission....especially one that was already in the public domain and had no people in it. Over here at least they would also need a visible copywrite...or how would anyone know they were doing wrong.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

62 Max

Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 19, 2019, 01:37:11 AM
Quote from: cdr on October 18, 2019, 11:40:00 PM

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 18, 2019, 11:43:16 PM

Hi cdr, 6bblgt,                  18 October 2019

It wasn't either of us though we do have a good idea who did it. Fortunately, they left a trace in it. They used photos from this thread, which are watermarked (invisible) and are copyrighted. They now will have the Feds to deal with.

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry this thread has brought out the dregs of society.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Out of curiosity,when and why as you say the photos are watermarked and copyrighted,only watermark I see is rust !  :confused: