News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Body Design Quarter Install

Started by nitrousn, April 20, 2008, 09:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: nitrousn on April 22, 2008, 08:26:03 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on April 22, 2008, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: nitrousn on April 22, 2008, 04:57:37 PM
Quote from: B5 Charger on April 21, 2008, 02:28:30 PM
This may be a stupid question but how much are those quarters?  I went to their website but there are no prices listed. 

Call and talk to Ron. He is a great guy and will work with you. I waited for a year for the AMD quarters and all they tell me is I am on the list. Ron had them and was willing to make me a decent deal. In my opinion they are way nicer than the AMD panels. Plus they are designed, stamped and sold in AMERICA. That should mean something.

How can they be nicer than the AMD 1/4 panels when the AMD panels arent out yet?  :shruggy:

They are out and people have installed them. You just have to be on the waiting list.

I see , I did not realize that. :shruggy: Sorry I stepped in it, in that case.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Quote from: nitrousn on April 22, 2008, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on April 22, 2008, 03:30:12 PM
Damn nitrousn, that 1/4 looks like it fits pretty good to me!!  :drool5: :drool5:  :2thumbs:

Car is looking great!

Thanks Bill , But I have to admit a long way from great. Hopefully next year this time she will be ready for a maiden voyage. Hows your project comming?

Here ya go:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43059.0.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mike DC

The differences in the repro versus original sheetmetal for these cars have at least as much to do with the steel quality as the thickness.  The crap Asian repro steel we get nowadays can be just as thick as the original stuff and still not feel as stiff & heavy as it should. 

69*F5*SE

nitrousn

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 20, 2008, 06:58:16 PM
I have a Question, Did you cut the original 1/4's off while it was on or off Rotiserrie? :scratchchin: LEON.

Also one side at a time. I had all the inner work done first.

suntech

QuoteThey are out and people have installed them. You just have to be on the waiting list.
Not sure if that is correct!! Rear quarters has expected arrival 30th of may, according to AMD, and what we have seen on pictures so far is test fit. They are the same gauge (18) as Ron´s .
As for bad Asian metal................you get what you ask for. They build oilriigs over there!!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69*F5*SE

Are you certain the AMD quarters will be 18 guage?  :scratchchin:

suntech

So they told me at AMD. They told me that all their parts were made of same gauge metal as the OEM parts. I see no reason why they are´nt. Would be kinda stupid to loose a bunch of customers, trying to save 2 dollars on a part!!! The reason they have been delayed, is that they do a lot of testfitting, and the nessasary corrections, to ensure good quality when they hit the market. I would´nt hesitate to buy a set of Ron, if the AMD quarters were not right. I still have my car sitting in US, filling up my buddys garage with parts, so i have time to do that choise when both of them are out. I have ordered a LOT of parts from AMD, incl 2 sets of rear 1/4´s. Looking forward to see how they are, but i have faith in their quality. If i am wrong, i´ll call Ron.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69*F5*SE

I guess I'll wait to see what they're like also.  I like the fact that the AMD quarters will be E-coated.  The backsides will have some extra protection already.

Goodz

If only they made 1/4s for a 71.   :'(
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."